What's new

Bloodwork and Cholesterol- good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hola,
I posted awhile back about high cholesterol results with my bloodwork right after starting Kava. Well, since starting Kava four months ago, I have lost 20 lbs. My Cholesterol has dropped significantly and my liver results were perfect. This is after drinking daily.
I was worried about my Cholesterol being related to Kava. Since, I had the first bloodwork after drinking Kava for a few weeks. But, it may have been the twenty pounds and such. This second bloodwork check after four months told the tale.
Triglycerides went from 122 to 100. Non HDL went from 184 to 144. LDL went from 160 to 124. HDL went from 40 to 45. Total went from 224 to 189 and the Chol/HDL ratio went from 5.6 to 4.2. And this is all during the four months starting to drink Kava.
So, I don't think Kava was affecting my Cholesterol levels in a negative way.
And the liver results were spot on. This means extra shells tonight in celebration.
I cannot emphasize enough the positive outcomes to this wonderful drink from the islands.

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
Hola,
I posted awhile back about high cholesterol results with my bloodwork right after starting Kava. Well, since starting Kava four months ago, I have lost 20 lbs. My Cholesterol has dropped significantly and my liver results were perfect. This is after drinking daily.
I was worried about my Cholesterol being related to Kava. Since, I had the first bloodwork after drinking Kava for a few weeks. But, it may have been the twenty pounds and such. This second bloodwork check after four months told the tale.
Triglycerides went from 122 to 100. Non HDL went from 184 to 144. LDL went from 160 to 124. HDL went from 40 to 45. Total went from 224 to 189 and the Chol/HDL ratio went from 5.6 to 4.2. And this is all during the four months starting to drink Kava.
So, I don't think Kava was affecting my Cholesterol levels in a negative way.
And the liver results were spot on. This means extra shells tonight in celebration.
I cannot emphasize enough the positive outcomes to this wonderful drink from the islands.
Glad to hear you got good news. Drink an extra shell for me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.