What's new

Black Bag Kava

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I'm curious as to just how strong the test batches of black bag were.. I mean this stuff is great, but still the reviews of the test batches seem better than the ones of the current batch. But kava is very temperamental sometimes

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I just tried a toss and wash with the black bag. Forgive me everyone for still referring to it as black bag, but I just like that name much better. But anyways. I T/W'd 2 tablespoons, hard as hell to get down, buy for just 2, this feels great! I may go back for number 3 though because I am a hard head.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Just tosses and washed another tablespoon. Wow, this is pretty great, I would do this all the time if it were easier to drink and if I didn't enjoy the squeezing and kneading (I find it relaxing) but this is definitely great for if I don't have the time!

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Krunkedout- Being a plant, kava, even of the same varieties, will vary from batch to batch. A little weaker, a little stronger than the last? Not quite sure. Even if a batch of Nambawan isn't quite as strong, it's still one of the most potent, if not THE most potent out there, and the smell and taste is pretty awesome. I'm glad you think it's great, we love happy customers.

And what's wrong with the name Nambawan? Black Bag was just a generic name until we figured out if we were going to carry it at least somewhat regularly. We like to use the names of the actual variety of plant in most cases. Since Nambawan is actually a blend of a few popular well balanced Vanuatu kavas, we wanted to at least give it a name to pay homage to its homeland. Nambawan is a common word in the Bislama language meaning first, top, best, or quite literally number one. Because Nambawan is the strongest kava we sell (Although that may not mean it's the best for any one drinker (my personal favorite is actually our mildest variety)) we figured the name fit. No offense taken on the dislike of the name though. To each his own, just thought I'd give you the background.

Glad the toss and wash method is working for you. As long as your stomach can handle it I can see how that would produce some potent effects.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Judd said:
Krunkedout- Being a plant, kava, even of the same varieties, will vary from batch to batch. A little weaker, a little stronger than the last? Not quite sure. Even if a batch of Nambawan isn't quite as strong, it's still one of the most potent, if not THE most potent out there, and the smell and taste is pretty awesome. I'm glad you think it's great, we love happy customers.

And what's wrong with the name Nambawan? Black Bag was just a generic name until we figured out if we were going to carry it at least somewhat regularly. We like to use the names of the actual variety of plant in most cases. Since Nambawan is actually a blend of a few popular well balanced Vanuatu kavas, we wanted to at least give it a name to pay homage to its homeland. Nambawan is a common word in the Bislama language meaning first, top, best, or quite literally number one. Because Nambawan is the strongest kava we sell (Although that may not mean it's the best for any one drinker (my personal favorite is actually our mildest variety)) we figured the name fit. No offense taken on the dislike of the name though. To each his own, just thought I'd give you the background.

Glad the toss and wash method is working for you. As long as your stomach can handle it I can see how that would produce some potent effects.
I don't find anything wrong in the name nambawan, for some reason I just like the mystery behind "black bag" makes it sound rather interesting. I do, however, respect that you guys pay homage to the kava and to Vanuatu itself. And it really is a great kava regardless of its strength really. I hope you guys continue to keep selling it! Also, just a question. Will you guys ever sell fresh frozen kava?

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
The problem with fresh kava is that unless you're growing it in Hawaii, it is really hard to get. Getting it out of Vanuatu is near impossible but I've been working on it. Maybe I'll be able to make it happen eventually. Cross your fingers.

kl.NDG

Kava Enthusiast
Judd- it's not as potent, its about 70% of the last. That's not a smear it's my experience, however, I have had this with every vendor, rex the most. I find one batch just amazing and the next just doesn't match it. It is still a very strong kava, one of the best, the initial order was absurd though, I was out of it. 
That's my honest opinion and I would 100% buy more, it is a top shelf kava. I have probably three kavas I look to and black bag is one of them.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
NDG said:
Judd- it's not as potent, its about 70% of the last. That's not a smear it's my experience, however, I have had this with every vendor, rex the most. I find one batch just amazing and the next just doesn't match it. It is still a very strong kava, one of the best, the initial order was absurd though, I was out of it. 
That's my honest opinion and I would 100% buy more, it is a top shelf kava. I have probably three kavas I look to and black bag is one of them.
I agree with you that black bag is definitely close to the top. As a matter of fact I made a strong batch today (6 tbl) and am taking it with me to check out some schooling options, which is always stressful.

Ozzyfan121

Pretentious, Wannabe Philosopher
I don't find that it differs dramatically from the first batch, but considering how that's the general consensus, my experience must not be typical. It is excellent, Judd, and I'm really sad to hear that it will be gone for a while.

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
I think "Black Bag" gave it an air of exclusivity. Primo unlabeled secret stash.

I like the name Nambawan though. Certainly easier to say than Borogoru!

kl.Dubkava

Kava Curious
This kava is indeed potent. Not quite sure it's entirely my bag though. Strong sedation but not much for me in the mood lift or body high department. It's a great kava to add a little kick to other kava's and I think thats how I will be using it!!

kl.Dubkava

Kava Curious
May have spoke too soon ha ha..... After washing a bag for the third time tonight I got hit by this one nicely!! A little Boroguru gave it a nice kick start!! :)