What's new

AM versus PM Kava

S

Summer

Hi Everyone,
I was just wondering how many different types of kava you might have in one day? Is it more/less beneficial to stick to the same chemotype throughout the day? I had Moi this morning and will likely have Nene or try Boroguru this evening. Does it matter?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I guess it depends on what you are using it for. Do you have anxiety or stuff throughout the day? I just drink kava at night, so I'll let the day drinkers answer those questions.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
The moi is perfect for daytime whereas the kavas you've chosen, nene and boroguru, are perfect for winding down in the evening. I don't normally drink kava during the day, but my wife does and she drinks moi in the morning.

S

Summer

I have been experimenting lately, enjoying different strains and taking it quite slowly. It seems as though some people feel amazing after one tablespoon and others are putting back cups of kava. I am still trying to find my balance. While I don't drink it everyday, I was just wondering if some people do mix it up throughout a 24 hour period. I suppose most just find their niche and stick with it.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
For just a light kava experience to calm anxiety I can go with a teaspoon of micro boroguru. In the morning Moi is my go to and consider I mix it with coffee I still stick with one teaspoon. Yes I mean teaspoon, I am a lightweight/cheap date. On nights I do not have to work, I will use upto three tablespoons some going to the wifu (one diluted cup for her) of my desired chemotype. In fact I have tomorrow off and have blended 1 tbs Mahakea w/ 2 Vanuatu blend number 7 sitting here feeling good and ringing in the ears. Anymore than this and I will get too krunked. Needless to say I am starting my pan fried Friday early!!!::awesomesmiles::

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
i started my pan fried friday last night with a whole bunch of hanakapi ai, which i am finding to be my favorite kava so far. great heady effects at the onset; for me it's almost energizing, i get talkative and friendly and not at all sedated. it seems i can keep these effects going if i drink 4oz every 30-45 minutes but if i drink more than that or reduce the time between cups it becomes bed time very quickly. damn, typing this has made me want to make some more. pan fried friday continues...

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
i am a beautiful and fabulous house-husband; i start friday whenever the mood strikes me

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Yea try telling my wifu that then she starts saying I will have to homeschool the kids.!. Kinda defeats the purpose. Only 18 more years till I retire.