What's new

A Big Aloha from ParadiseKava.Com

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Aloha!

We thank all who have tried our products so far, taking a chance on a non existing website and giving ParadiseKava.com a try. We appreciate it, and are happy to move forward from a small booth at a Farmer’s Market which we have maintained for years, to a larger format like the Internet.
We promise that our business has never been built on one time sales (impossible to do at a Farmer’s Market where you see the same people week in, week out) but on long term friendships.
We will try do the same online.

We want to introduce ourselves, our vision, and give you some background on who we are at ParadiseKava.Com and why we sell what we do, and not some of most popular items related to kava.  

Why we went with CO2 Kava Extract.
CO2 extraction is the finest, purest and safest form of extraction in the world today because it is free of additives, heavy metal residues and harshly high temperature extractions which also pull out undesirable substances from the plant matter.  Think of Olive oil here, where a good cold press is the best.  It does work very well IF administered under the tongue, allowing saliva to naturally dissolve the extract while giving the capillaries time to absorb it. One is going for good absorption with this product, not same as the effects created by consuming a large volume (where you sit and drink many cups)
Simply eating the kava extract will not produce the same desired effect as placing it under the tongue will create.

why have we not launched our website since 2008.
To give you an idea of who we are, here is some background information about us:
We first created our extracts in early to mid 2007. It was never released till a few months ago, because we were not satisfied with the taste, effect and price per dose (which we wanted to keep at approx $1), while never compromising on quality! We feel we have finally succeeded.
We have other products which have been in development almost just as long as the CO2 extracts  like our Topical Kava Salves used for muscle aches and pains. These are absolutely extraordinary right now, but they are not 100% ready and will not be released prematurely till they are ready.
Our website first went into development in about 2008. As most of you know, it’s still not launched and we are working hard to make this happen in the most professional way possible.

We joke around that the reason is that we’re all drinking too much kava. But the real reason is that when one commits to raising a slow crop that takes years to mature, one is naturally in no rush. Our commitment is to get it right first and make lots of sales second.   

Why you will not find Alcohol Tinctures on our website.
We have a much sought after liquor license from the State Of Hawai'i specifically for making Kava tinctures because we were en route to producing these Kava tinctures for our local health food stores, Whole Foods etc.
We also submitted a proposal to test these tinctures at the University of Hawai’i, and were sure this project would be a financial winner overall.
 However, it did not take a moment’s hesitation to flush the entire project into the drain (I literally did this) when we read a research paper proving that acetone/alcohol also extracted an alkaloid called FlawoKawain B from kava along with the kavalactones. Research proved that this alkaloid is partly responsible for liver damage.

You will not find Kava Pills on our website.
We wanted to sell pills years ago, because like the tinctures, they are such a lucrative option. People are used to them, and would buy a lot of them (as opposed to creating a new and unusual format to take kava like our extract which is more along the lines of Homeopathy as it’s taken under the tongue only. Strange but it works.)  

As most of you may know, you need many such kava pills to feel the full effects of Kava. Also, the powder in kava pills contains cellulose and fibers which are best strained out into a beverage format, instead of just being swallowed whole. And finally, the kava powder used in these pills sits around for a while before it is actually used. Try opening one of these and smelling the kava.
Most likely, it will not smell like much because it’s lost it’s aroma with time.

And Finally we want to ask you, the Kava community, if we should sell ISA on our website.

Here is our reason for not carrying it, you tell us if we should OR should not do it.

We have lots of ISA (a variety of Kava which was brought over to Hawaii by the Legend himself Vincent Lebot. This was about 15 years ago.)
We’ve noticed the bugs don’t bother this variety, and it grows like a weed so we never have trouble producing this variety of kava! I wish we could say the same for Endemic Hawaiian Kava Varieties (all 13 of them) which have many pests and diseases looming over their head, waiting to destroy them into extinction like other Hawaiian kava varieties.

Problem is that ISA makes you sick the night of drinking it (if you consume a lot) and leaves you sluggish for days afterwards. It causes nausea because of the abundance of double bonded kavalactones present in the intensely dark and peppery varieties of Papua New Guinea. These are called Di-Hydro kavalctones (DHK, DHM, DMY) 

We do not drink this variety, and our ISA is some of the world’s best kava for those who like it’s punishment.
Should we carry it? Please email us at [email protected] with “Yes, Carry ISA” or NO Thanks, keep your Nausea” in the subject line. The most votes will be considered, and we make no promises. We may still end up not selling any.

In conclusion:
We know what it’s like to be part of an industry which was recently decimated.
The small group of farmers who raise kava are aware of what happens when an entire industry is shut down, when neighboring farmers are literally yanking out nearly full grown kava plants to make room for a crop that will make them money. (true story)
For those of you who remember the turn of the century was a bad time for kava in the modern world. As for the ancient use of kava, that’s been intact since the Iron Age.

ParadiseKava as a modern day business feels responsible to never let such a thing happen to our slowly recovering kava industry ever again.

So we do not carry the above products because they could harm our Kava industry again. We wish others would not carry them as well because it’s just not worth it. Anti energy drinks et all. Simply not worth the money, and the bad name such a terrific plant is still trying to shake off after one decade of being pushed aside to oblivion.

Yours Sincerely, from the many people who have carried ParadiseKava over the years, like the olympic torch, passing it on as their work is completed. 
From the artists, Christine, Kim and Kari whose art and website building abilities are God sent, to our partner farmers who grow kava for us and with us (Joel, you are the man), to Adam M our SEO Guru who has gotten us up to Page 6 in google (We have time, so no worries Adam) to Douglas for reviewing our products and putting it on his blog (and making video reviews too) to Uncle Robert for his wisdom and sharing of his ancient Hawaiian knowledge of what Kava is, and finally to our parents, who financed equipment, warehouse space, the kava nursery, several fields of kava, research dollars for years, all because of their love for us.
And last but not least, a big Mahalo from yours truly, Adil, who is certain that kava saved his life, and gave it the direction it needed.

The picture below is from one afternoon in Kalapana Hawai'i. Uncle Robert Keli'iho'omalu, a man who runs a Kava Bar at the edge of a lava field created by the most active volcano in this part of the world and Adil Ghiasi of ParadiseKava.Com are sitting under the mango tree enjoying fresh kava, a good cigar and the ocean breeze. Good times, Hawaiian Style.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Wish more people would have commented here, but thanks Adil!

And greetings from Ghana, where Kavasseur is still enjoying your gift to the world!

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Yeah, big post. Surprised it didn't draw more attention.

Thanks for your hard work Adil and Crew.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
My pleasure.
Thanks for reading the uber long post.
Had some things to say...
:)
Lanake- Go early and stay late on a weekend to enjoy Hawaiian music, food and one of their legendary parties. Sometimes these go on all night.
And rarely, they go on for days.
 I was invited once for a family reunion that lasted three full days AND nights. So, you go to bed, the music is playing, you wake up, music still playing, beautiful songs being sung, more food, music, food again - keeps them going,  'awa (kava), sleep for a couple of hours, lots of underground oven baking, the family sharing stories etc...A memory that has set the standard for what 'family reunions' means to some people.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
What I really need is something I can keep at work that doesn't look like a narcotic, for those times when it's either take some kava or go home and cry.

kl.r3mote

Kava Curious
so this stuff should be perfect, yea? it looks like lip balm to me, if i glimpsed someone at work using it i wouldn't give it a second thought. unless i noticed them acting especially relaxed afterward! ;)

Just got my first order from Paradise Kava. Had a question and a comment. Both were addressed in record time. The Premium Kava Root was delivered quickly, nicely packaged and seemed to be of the best quality (judging from my limited experience with Kava). A nice touch was an added recipe. A personable company, good quality product, fast shipping, and responsive support. Not sure what else I could ask for. In short, I seemed ot have found my Kava source ...

kl.KarmaG

Kava Enthusiast
Couldn't agree more! Adil at Paradise Kava has been great answering any and all questions in record time, shipping is fast, products are outstanding, plus he seems like a really nice dude on top of it all. Top-notch kava supplier that I hope to purchase from again!

kl.el187joker

Kava Enthusiast
so i just came across this post while searching for more reviews on your fresh frozen. i have to say it is really awesome to see how involved Adil is with his product as well as his concern for the future of kava. a great read and really has me wanting to order from paradise. i am just waiting for some money as my wife just gave birth to my son dec17 and has been off work since. we messed up the shortterm disability paperwork and now are waiting for these past few weeks checks. should be taken care of soon and cant wait to place my order.