What's new

Micronized Kava Review 11 Year Waka

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
Very mild flavor, I gave it a 3 because it has an aftertaste I've had with a few other Kava's that for whatever reason disagrees with my taste buds, but it is very, very smooth, with the odd less than micronized bit or two. The mental and anxiolytic are outstanding. Almost a warm fuzzy sensation on the back of my head and temples and the effects are VERY clean. I get very tired after work oftentimes, as my job can be a little physically strenuous, and this kava isn't bowling me over for the night. It isn't heavy per se, but it does a decent job relaxing my tense muscles. It's a very nice stress killer. The fact that I only need maybe 2 tablespoons is a huge plus, enough of a plus to make it feel worth the price easily. That being said I took another 2 tablespoons a minute ago, and the anxiolytic and destressing effects definitely compound in a very comfortable way. I feel like my ears should be ringing because of the pronounced pressure in my head, but no such luck... Yet. Wonderful addition.

I'd also like to add that although it feels very comforting, borderline euphoric, there is very little mouth numbing (at least IME).

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Nice "clean ;)" and to the point Stinkweed. (y)

Some would call you a heavyweight, what with using 2 tablespoons of *this* particular kava and all ::;)2::; though everyones physiological/biological reaction to any variant of cultivars tends to differ by a measurable margin. That's without taking into account preparation, prior stomach contents etc...so for the most part it's up to subjective interpretation. One point that sticks out to me in reviews of 11 year waka is the prominent euphoria or "fuzziness" commonly associated with the effects.

Thanks again, I truly enjoy reading kava reviews because when it comes down to it, it's kavasseurs expressing their passion for piper methysticum and that puts a smile on my face.:D

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
Nice "clean ;)" and to the point Stinkweed. (y)

Some would call you a heavyweight, what with using 2 tablespoons of *this* particular kava and all ::;)2::; though everyones physiological/biological reaction to any variant of cultivars tends to differ by a measurable margin. That's without taking into account preparation, prior stomach contents etc...so for the most part it's up to subjective interpretation. One point that sticks out to me in reviews of 11 year waka is the prominent euphoria or "fuzziness" commonly associated with the effects.

Thanks again, I truly enjoy reading kava reviews because when it comes down to it, it's kavasseurs expressing their passion for piper methysticum and that puts a smile on my face.:D
Well I'm glad you enjoyed it :) I also get a kick out of kava reviews. I have a ridiculous metabolism, I tend to over process a lot of things I ingest, that could be why I need a little more than some other members of this forum.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@StinkWeed, Great Review!!! (y)
I also did a review of this product and had very similar experience to what you have described. I'm still amazed at the mild taste it has and it's potency.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Edit-(Adressing metabolism and kava) I thought it over and had a face palm moment...In reality, rate of absorption is limited by stomach contents (and rarely other factors); so in saying that if you've got a high metabolism than the rate at which your food is processed will of course have an impact (for better or worse) on the potency of your kava.

Now where it differs is this- If you've already got an empty stomach in coercion with a high metabolism then that's where the dosage and rate of absorption becomes an interesting question. Body weight doesn't appear to be a factor because many individuals whom are light-set could be considered heavy-weight kavasseurs...quite the conundrum we have here.

I guess I answered my own question hahaha but I should've come to that realization right off the bat that these things go hand in hand.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
I know with other plants I will ingest for palliative or other effects (at least those processed by the liver), I either need to "feed" my liver a little while before, or ingest more, otherwise I only get light effects, and my liver basically just burns through everything. It appears to be kind of the same with kava. If I haven't eaten ALL day, I get minimal krunking, and sort of just get a quick headiness that fades rapidly, is brought back by a bite or two, and then fades away. If I've eaten a small, fatty meal, maybe 2 hours before however... ::awesomesmiles::

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
That's my experience to. When I drink kava (instant) at a restaurant/bar, I get a fairly good effect. But after I eat some pig (ham, bacon, pulled pork, you name it) it adds to the effect (quite a bit). I eat it because it's low carb, but pork is pretty fatty (compared to most fish and some whiter meats like chicken and turkey)