What's new

Quick Kava Powder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muddy

Kava Curious
So, yesterday I had my first couple of small shells of Kava. Having never had it before, I started on 7 grams in total, drinking half the glass and the other half 30 minutes later. I couldn't say I noticed much happening. Today I mixed up 7.5 grams in total in my first shell and gulped it down. I started feeling something quite soon and after 5 minutes I sort of went cross eyedo_O/laughing now. I had to get up from my chair and walk a bit as I felt a bit dizzy, but without any anxiety. Usually I'd panic at being in such a state so quickly, but I'm smiling now. There's just a vibe of calm about this inebriated state.

Glad to have felt some strong effects so soon. I was worried I'd have to go a week or so before I felt anything. 30 minutes later and it's evened off. Not sure if I'm going to leave it at that or do another tsp in a while. Maybe:D So after 45 minutes I took another tsp, aprox 3 grams. I can say I don't feel quite the headiness of the initial shell, but I'm feeling somatically, pleasantly loose and mellow. There are also lots of subtle nuances that I'm feeling, but it'll take some time to unravel them. What I can say is that I'm feeling a little sad. Not in a bad way, you understand. A bit like a letting go. I reckon this root may be a bit of an ally.

Just a comment on the texture and taste. As mentioned elsewhere, it's a little gritty. As for the taste, I find the peppery quality quite pleasant.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Nice review! It's funny, for some people the heady effects show up first, and for others the sedative effects come out first. Such a dynamic root.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It's good stuff. Try mixing 2 teaspoons with some milk and drinking. I've just started looking into this again but I am finding the milk really helps the kava to do it's thing. Also the milk should help a little with any stomach weirdness.

Muddy

Kava Curious
It's good stuff. Try mixing 2 teaspoons with some milk and drinking. I've just started looking into this again but I am finding the milk really helps the kava to do it's thing. Also the milk should help a little with any stomach weirdness.
thanks, I'll give it whirl

ta-va

Earth Bound
I've found with this kava instant a nice euphoric vibe (heady but not overly strong) after imbibing but that it only lasts for about an hour or so. After that, you can top up with more - to give some more heady (if feel inclined) and there is definitely some body (heavy) relaxation that kicks in after the headiness starts to wear down. I do find that it delivers both heady and heavy in succession but neither of which are overly so and it is nicely balanced. In a way it dissapoints me that the effects can't be delivered for longer by each dose, but as compared to many other kavas I've tried, it is a very nice combo. Also very easy to drink if you find the trad prep a bit too "thick".
It's a bit pricey and isn't always in stock (although I see they have it back again). I tend to justify the price with swiftness of delivery and the fact that you'll get no hassle from customs or extra charges for delivery. It's definitely a good instant kava, though.

Panthau

Kava Curious
If you guys talk about teaspoons, is it a rounded teaspoon or rather a flat?

Just tried a half teaspoon, because im a scaredy pants. lol
tastes like fresh shit, had to drink some water afterwards.

Edit: as expected no effects, but some weird irritability after about 1,5h. But thats probably not connected to the Kava.

Last edited:

Panthau

Kava Curious
Another try, 1 gulped teaspoon in cold water on empty stomach with some coconut milk afterwards (nice neutralizer), about 40mins ago. No effects, will try again tomorrow i guess...

Panthau

Kava Curious
Yet another try, together with my gf. 1 tsp for each, 10mins ago. No effect yet. Ordered some more instant from GKE, since its on stock again and in case i need a few weeks until i feel anything.

Edit: very edgy today after a gulped teaspoon. Guess i take a break from break-through-to-the-kava-god trys.

Last edited:

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
1 teaspoon is a very small dose. Try 1 tablespoon. Also, i would recommend to just buy kava root powder and prepare it the traditional way. This will get you results!

Panthau

Kava Curious
I just asked exactly that question on the forums and been told that instants should be taken with teaspoons... but i agree, 1 tsp is probably not enough. Ill try in a few days with 1 tsps and follow up with 1 20mins later.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
I know, but that does not match my experience with the instant. Try at least two teaspoons or three (1 Tablespoon). I think it is good you apply caution but even if you go overboard with kava, its not the end of the world but simply feels uncomfortable for a while. You'll be fine taking 2 teaspoons of instant.

Panthau

Kava Curious
Ok m8, ill try that... im just super scaredy pants when it comes to drugs. Id normaly not even consider taking something mind altering, but kava seems to be different.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
I completly understand and i'm the same way. Mind altering substances are always scary (or should be) the first time. But if you have done your research, and made your decision...it's time to just let go of your fear and execute.

Be aware that the instant you are drinking is rather heady and there i quite a big difference between that, and a more sedating kava such as malekula magic.

Panthau

Kava Curious
Thanks, that sucks actually... lol. Shouldve ordered again after i know how it feels, not before... now i have 2 of those bags and dont feel like
for a heady experience... atm my nerves are complete shi*.

Mr G

Kava Curious
If you don't want the QKP someone here may take it off your hands, or contact GKE and ask them if they'll refund you for the unopneded bag?

Panthau

Kava Curious
Yeah its unopened, i just opened the transport bag to look whats inside. Not sure if its worth the hassle, shipping is about € 9,- to uk. Maybe if someone lives near me, it makes sense.

KMman

Kava Curious
If you were in the U.S. I'd trade with you but I don't think shipping half way around the world is really cost effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.