What's new

Inspire

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
For the last year or so, I have been focusing on improving my life. A part of that includes physical, mental, and spiritual self-discovery. Every day I seem to find a new piece of inspiration to better myself. Things I find that inspire me can vary from an encouraging quote, a new example to follow, a basic thought or realization, spending time with a role model or even seeing beauty in something simple and natural. I would like for this thread to be a source of inspiration. A place that people can go when they are feeling a little down, or need a helping hand to start off the day right. There are so many things we can do to encourage and help one another, and they don't have to be complicated. This is a place where we can share with one another a piece of ourselves. Please feel free to post stories, quotes, pictures, jokes, anything you think might put a little smile on someones face.

7392_10153876089893908_3105803329537566793_n.png

-Picture from "Collective Evolution" on facebook

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
My father and I have never really had heart to heart moments. Its just something we never did. It was always about tough love, working hard, get your ass kicked when you needed it kinda stuff. But the other day me and my dad had a moment, he told me how proud he was of me, for growing up and becoming a good, honest man, for getting my life back on track, and trying the best I can, for quitting smoking, quitting drinking, and striving to get my life out of the gutter. Him saying how proud he was is something I have only heard a couple times in my life, and it has had such an affect. I will cherish that one little moment as long as I love.
dad.jpg

Heres a shout out to all the Children who make their parents proud, and to all the parents who are proud of their kids. Its a weird thing, growing up, leaving home, realizing your parents were always right and wanted the best for you, and then eventually coming back home to rebuild the relationship stronger than ever.

Dad, I am proud to be your son. I hope I can be half the man you are! (give or take a few flaws ;) )

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
Today was a rough day for me. Lots of bad energy with some of the family I work with. Some days seem to attract anger and rage. On those days, it seems like there is something in the air, everyone is on edge or feeling off. How do you guys cope with days where there seems to be a tension, or a pulling at your heart that you cant seem to shake? Thankful for this great kava, and the wonderful community here at Kava forums. Also thankful for the family I mentioned, even though we clashed today. Here is a thought that can help you through the dark days. It's something a friend of mine shared on facebook, I really needed it.
12654679_10153862401972731_7937539993919179232_n.jpg

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
"The ego loves its resentment of reality. What is reality? Whatever is. Buddha called it tatata—the suchness of life, which is no more than the suchness of this moment. Opposition toward that suchness is one of the main features of the ego. It creates the negativity that the ego thrives on, the unhappiness that it loves. In this way , you make yourself and others suffer and don’t even know that you are doing it, don’t know that you are creating hell on earth." Eckhart tolle

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
One of the hardest things I had to do in my life was to cut out all of the negativity, the leeches, and the energy vampires. Even though I had to break ties with many people I loved and cared about, it was always for the best. I don't regret a thing. Life is good when you let it be :)
12654593_1083107401749447_7889442001000123025_n.jpg

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
One of the hardest things I had to do in my life was to cut out all of the negativity, the leeches, and the energy vampires. Even though I had to break ties with many people I loved and cared about, it was always for the best. I don't regret a thing. Life is good when you let it be :)
View attachment 5190
I really like that quote. It is solid advice for all to remove the toxic people from their lives. Thanks for sharing.

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
@Sam Handwich It is something that will conflict with most people's beliefs. Most people believe that if someone is family, or is supposed to mean something to you, then you have to keep them in your life just for the sake of it. The way I see it, if you are causing turmoil or bringing unwarranted negativity into my life, there's the door.
We gotta take care of ourselves before we can worry about dealing with other peoples bad vibes. :)

Huebras

Kava Newbie
Thank you for starting this post. It really resonates with me. I too have been on a journey of self discovery for the past few years and wanted to share a book that has truly changed my life (one of only a few). "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz. This book contains a multitude of wonderful insights on why we are the way we are and proposes four agreements (tenants, beliefs, mantras) to live by and goes into depth on how to introduce them into your life. He also reminds the reader that just because something is simple, doesn't mean that it will always be easy. The agreements are:

1. Be impeccable in your word
2. Don't make assumptions
3. Don't take anything personally
4. Always do your best

Once I started doing my best to live by these agreements, I realized that I manifest my own happiness, I also noticed I am more empathetic towards others, my feelings don't get hurt by others as much, and I am more honest with myself and others.

It's definitely worth a read.

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
Thats great @Huebras, I am glad you joined this thread. Happy to hear your story. That seems like a very interesting book, maybe I will pick up a copy. It has taken me my whole life to realize that once we start to discover ourselves, in our rawest form, positive change becomes second nature. Once we drop the notions of who we think we should be, and how life really should be, things fall into place naturally. Even when things don't go the way we want sometimes, no matter how hard our trials may seem, we are able to brush it off and keep pushing on when we drop all expectations and shine through the storm. Glow on, grow on brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.