What's new

Just tried Kava last night...

Today I have a sinus type headache. Is this a thing for other people, or do ya'll think I'm having some unrelated issue?

Decided to start with GHK Mahakea medium grind 2 tablespoons in 10oz water and 2oz coconut milk. I have a soft stomach anyway, so I kneaded with a knee high first and then strained through a 50 micron filter. I had some effects, mostly physical - moments of feeling on the path to being a little f***ed up, but never getting there (which is good) - like eye focusing issues and low scale trembling. I want to keep working at it for anxiety and muscle tension issues, but this headache is a bummer.

Also, hi everyone from the Houston, TX area!

EQ

Atman
For me.

The first night I tried Kava I had a blast!
But the next morning I felt like shit like a mild hangover.

I have never had that since that one morning. My first time.

So keep drinking and see if things change for you like they did me.

For me the worst that happens the morning after Kava is I sleep an extra hour

Or 2 :LOL:

Reactions: Nik

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Oh hey, another Houston kavaforums user! I think you are the second on here after me. Lotta Texans on here. Welcome aboard.

Headache: Probably unrelated, but if it was kava caused it might be due to dehydration. Make sure to drink plenty of water.

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
Oh hey, another Houston kavaforums user! I think you are the second on here after me. Lotta Texans on here. Welcome aboard.

Headache: Probably unrelated, but if it was kava caused it might be due to dehydration. Make sure to drink plenty of water.
And remember to replenish your electro lights.

I think dehydration is definitely the thing. I tried again last night and had an immediate headache, and then I noticed that I wasn't drinking much if anything for the rest of the evening. Next time I'll have some water/gatorade nearby.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I go through 2 or 3 bottles of water after a kava session. Lots of water is key. Oh, and be near a bathroom. :p