What's new

Mo'i vs. Mahakea vs. Papa Kea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggie

Hey all, I'm looking for a Kava from GHK that's good for severe anxiety. Something that lasts long would be best, as I mostly start to experience it during my classes as well as when I'm out with friends.
I'm also curious as to which is better, the micro, med grind, or instant. I initially was going to go with med grind but I'd like to hear more on your guy's experience with the other two.
And sorry if this is a bit of a weird question, but will Kava give me acne? My skin is almost completely clear after 4 years of dealing with it and I want to be sure it won't break me out etc. ::awesomesmiles::

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
I have not tried all of the GHK offerings but I can say that Mahakea is a great place to start. I have some Nene on order and am looking forward to trying that one as well.
Chis offers a sample pack that includes instant, micronized and medium grind in Mahakea, Nene and Moi. I can't imagine a better place to start than that!
Kava can dry out your skin, but this may help with acne. Even as an adult I am still subject to the random zit but haven't had one at all since starting kava.

MikeB

I like Mo'i
Stop, do not trouble yourself anymore, do not pass go, do not collect $200, go directly to Mo'i and do not stop until you get there. Mo'i, Mo'i, Mo'i. Get the instant and start with 1 Tbsp. If you want to cover up the taste, grab a miracle berry tablet and toss some lemon juice into it. Thusly does lie true bliss awaiting, or something like that.

No but really, go with Mo'i. You can look up some of my previous posts on the subject. It has a VERY potent anxiolytic effect, but doesn't sedate you, make you drowsy, etc, so it's good for using for mild anxiety while you're out and etc.

I haven't tried Mahakea so I can't talk about it, but I recently bought some Papa Kea deliberately because I thought it would be the OPPOSITE of Mo'i - something a bit more recreational for when I don't mind really digging into the molecules of my chair for many hours in a row. I'll report back how that goes.

Until then, Mo'i!!

PS - you can do med grind and etc if you want, it's just more annoying to prepare. I never liked dealing with traditional prep and having to strain it. Lots of people really like it though, and they like getting really into it like that. You might dig the Aluball as an easy way to do traditional prep, if that's what you're into.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I have had all three and they are all excellent in their own right. As MikeB pointed out, moi is an excellent kava for anxiety as are the other two, the papa kea is to me similar to moi but not as heady, I find it smoother with the overall sense of calm lasting longer then Moi. Mahakea is a good balanced kava, it will give you a bit of a head rush with decent body effects.
I would just get the medium grind, it will make your $ stretch further and it is easy to prep, there are a few different options, like traditional prep, aluball or a blender, they are all easy prep methods and there is plenty of information on this site on all three.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
For anxiety, I'd recommend Papa Kea or Nene. Mahakea could do the trick. Mo'i is high in Yangonin which is believed to be anxiogenic to a small degree and may not do the trick.

For portability, it's hard to beat the Ozia kava candies. Once you're through Reverse Tolerance and can feel the full effects of kava, the candies can take an anxious unproductive moment at work/class/whatever and realign you and get you back on task. Does for me.

Nene is pure tranquility. Papa Kea is strong and sedating. Mahakea is pretty balanced. Mo'i is euphoric and uplifting.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
Hey all, I'm looking for a Kava from GHK that's good for severe anxiety. Something that lasts long would be best, as I mostly start to experience it during my classes as well as when I'm out with friends.
I'm also curious as to which is better, the micro, med grind, or instant. I initially was going to go with med grind but I'd like to hear more on your guy's experience with the other two.
And sorry if this is a bit of a weird question, but will Kava give me acne? My skin is almost completely clear after 4 years of dealing with it and I want to be sure it won't break me out etc. ::awesomesmiles::
Moi is the only kava from GHK which I have tried so I cannot compare it to the rest but I can say that it is my favorite kava for anxiety. And I do struggle with anxiety time to time.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I suffer from generalized and social anxiety, and find Mo'i is my go-to for socializing at parties and whatnot.

There are some who find Mo'i a little too intense and don't care for it. It wouldn't necessarily be my go-to for general anxiety, but works great for me personally.

All bodies are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.