What's new

This is not good, fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
@carminiusfinger we discussed this on 911 when it aired lol. Dr Phil isn't a threat ultimately the show was so boring. And the lady was an Adderall and alchohol addict lol. But it is crazy and I reccomended and still do that we mobilize back through social media and other platforms to inform the public of the misinformation.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Luckily the pharmaceutical companies can't slap a label or a patent on a plant. Hence trying to demonize it. Sounds similar to another demonized plant that often makes it to the media. I'll be honest, I'm so incredibly sick of it. Watching this video I realized the "Doctor" in the video most likely did a simple search on kava from google, and then "informed" several hundred thousand people of the "harms" that he just found on google. Most of which have been totally refuted, or completely overturned. I actually had to explain this to a PsyD yesterday. He started telling me about kava and I was like "hold up, let me tell YOU about kava". It was a fun experience, but the lack of simple information available is astounding. I'm with @Mrbinx69. I'd love to see kavaforums on doctor phill. I'd hate to see our hosting bill afterwards, but I'd love for current information to be easily available to those seeking it.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Hahaha seriously ! That's why I'm trying to get kava forums up on Facebook as much as I can but it costs 5 dollars a day to "advertise it " to a couple of people. Which is just too much. Im trying to think of ways we can kinda get more attention publicly. But I really can't think of much on Facebook to do that. I was even considering adding Dr Phil on Facebook and sharing correct information to his page . But seems pointless.... maybe we can get a major medical organization to review our finding and back us up. I can feel it inside that theirs a way to do this but just can't put it together yet.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Oh there are many ways. Some not so...ethical or legal (I'm almost positive kona kava and subsidiary companies use that method) but there are ways. We're growing, and google LOVES forums, so in time we'll begin to encroach on kona's territory. Can anyone else tell I may be slightly biased when it comes to the lovely Kona Kava?

K

Kava Steve

If its not our laundry list of side effects then it is too dangerous for you to take... FDA bought and paid for by big pharma

ILIkeBeer

Kava Curious
I already saw this and was surprised how uninformed the doctor sounded... mostly because he was on tv you might think they would get an expert?

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
I already saw this and was surprised how uninformed the doctor sounded... mostly because he was on tv you might think they would get an expert?
It sounds impromptu, but was more than likely scripted. They wouldn't have put a doctor on just to say that kava was relatively safe.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Oh there are many ways. Some not so...ethical or legal (I'm almost positive kona kava and subsidiary companies use that method) but there are ways. We're growing, and google LOVES forums, so in time we'll begin to encroach on kona's territory. Can anyone else tell I may be slightly biased when it comes to the lovely Kona Kava?
I am curious about this. I thought Kona was just paying for Google ads, so a link for their site would appear at the top of search results for kava. That's not unethical or illegal. Of course their advertising is misleading/false, so Google might do something if that fact were pointed out to them, or they might not care. But what are you actually referring to?

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
Dr Phil does a gift for convincing people why they are morally wrong in doing certain things. For the purpose of this thread....he doesnt know squat about kava....neither did that Dr. You dont need a Medical Doctor to talk to you about kava. They dont take Kava 101 in medical school. Just because they are a doctor doesnt mean that they know the first thing about kava.

Steph

Kava Enthusiast
That episode of Dr. Phil was the reason I started researching kava. Then I found the Kava Forums and thought it might be a positive thing for me. I'm still doing it a couple of months later. He thinks he knows it all....I don't think so!::chugger::

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
That was painful to watch. It was so wrong all I could do was :eek:.
Who in the heck is that other doctor guy anyways? Tv... it's full of "experts".

Status
Not open for further replies.