What's new

Sale in UK/EU

Been researching this, looks good as I'm giving up alcohol due to years of overconsumption. It's a shame that the vendors only deal with the US. Does anyone know of any European vendors, most I have seen just seem to deal with capsules etc. If not I may have to try to get it sent via somebody, but I don't know many people that well over there.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Hi ChristheMoose.
Check out Edward's thread where he's been compiling a list of European / UK vendors (or, at least, those that will ship to the UK):
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/vendors-who-ship-to-the-uk.5794/
(Seeing Cactus Kava's reply above, can you be added to the list in the aforementioned thread? Is it something that you would normally do or are you offering to help the guy out?)

Bula!
My site is handled to sell to the UK/Canada, but sometimes the shipping prices can get slightly wonky. If it seems higher than usual for the shipping price, I can build a custom invoice for you. Unfortunately my eCommerce engine doesn't handle weights very well (which is really, really important with selling kava!).

I wasn't sure if he actually was in the UK, so that's why I mentioned shooting over his address.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I was going to order from Cactus Kava but the shipping isn't quite right yet so what I want to do is wait until I am ready to place a largeish order and get it all sent in one go. I am fairly certain that there won't be any shipping issues as there are so many vendors who will ship and the product is always received. I have never had an order not arrive and I have never heard of anyone else having a package seized at customs. That whole thread only came about because GHK won't ship to the UK because he says it will get seized at customs. The evidence is that it won't but I can't force him to ship to me. It's a shame because his kava has such a good reputation and I would love to try some of the different instants in the lorry.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Been researching this, looks good as I'm giving up alcohol due to years of overconsumption. It's a shame that the vendors only deal with the US. Does anyone know of any European vendors, most I have seen just seem to deal with capsules etc. If not I may have to try to get it sent via somebody, but I don't know many people that well over there.
As @ta-va says take a look at that thread but I would say your first port of call should be GKE. They ship to Europe/UK in about 2 days and their kava is good.

Mr G

Kava Curious
I was going to order from Cactus Kava but the shipping isn't quite right yet so what I want to do is wait until I am ready to place a largeish order and get it all sent in one go. I am fairly certain that there won't be any shipping issues as there are so many vendors who will ship and the product is always received. I have never had an order not arrive and I have never heard of anyone else having a package seized at customs. That whole thread only came about because GHK won't ship to the UK because he says it will get seized at customs. The evidence is that it won't but I can't force him to ship to me. It's a shame because his kava has such a good reputation and I would love to try some of the different instants in the lorry.
In fairness to GHK, his packages were indeed being seized by customs in previous years. I'm not sure if anything has changed, but it's a double whammy for vendors as they've to consider refunding the customer, or possibly losing the customer, and they lose quantities of their stock. It's understandable if he doesn't want to take the risk.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
In fairness to GHK, his packages were indeed being seized by customs in previous years. I'm not sure if anything has changed, but it's a double whammy for vendors as they've to consider refunding the customer, or possibly losing the customer, and they lose quantities of their stock. It's understandable if he doesn't want to take the risk.
I've already told him I am willing to take the risk.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
I've already told him I am willing to take the risk.
You might, but others might not be willing to. He also still runs the risk of you (not meaning to make it personal, because it truly isn't) badmouthing him even though he's not responsible for the mishap.

Then after that he would run into, "You shipped to Edward, why not me?!"

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Fair enough, I can order from everyone else no problem anyway, just a shame I can't get those kavas I want to try.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Also, I don't know what it's like in America, but in many countries postal regulations state that it is illegal to knowingly ship items to places where these items are illegal or restricted. I suppose many vendors prefer to err on the side of caution instead of worrying about the potential consequences of breaking some regulations.

And as I understand it it is clearly illegal to import kava to the UK without a permit, isn't it? The fact that you've received packages from other vendors doesn't make this activity is legal. It just means you were lucky.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
All points taken but it seems odd that lots of vendors do ship and the parcel arrives and yet a handful of vendors won't ship. I'm sure it's down to past experiences on their part and I understand completely, just a bit frustrating.

dr phalloid

Kava Enthusiast
Also, I don't know what it's like in America, but in many countries postal regulations state that it is illegal to knowingly ship items to places where these items are illegal or restricted. I suppose many vendors prefer to err on the side of caution instead of worrying about the potential consequences of breaking some regulations.

And as I understand it it is clearly illegal to import kava to the UK without a permit, isn't it? The fact that you've received packages from other vendors doesn't make this activity is legal. It just means you were lucky.
thought ide jump in,to my knowledge it is illegal in uk only for internal use not if used externally so powdered root is fine.ive personally been ordering+receiving kava root in uk for 7 years its never been seized one time only customs opened package then posted to me.its only capsules or kava products which they see as being taken for internal use are banned,hope this sheds some light on situation.

dr phalloid

Kava Enthusiast
yes ,gke+kava by rex are safe options for uk shipping,but I order from many vendors and they are never seized by customs ive posted thread below explain why.hope this helps.

Crunked

Proselytizer
All points taken but it seems odd that lots of vendors do ship and the parcel arrives and yet a handful of vendors won't ship. I'm sure it's down to past experiences on their part and I understand completely, just a bit frustrating.
I agree with Henry, those that received their kava in the UK were lucky. Not so long ago I had 2 kilos of instant seized and I can tell you it was more than frustrating, it sent me into orbit.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Maybe I have been lucky and maybe it is the case that powder is not seized? I don't know. I can only speak from experience and say I've not had a problem receiving kava in the UK yet. I'll carry on ordering and posting my experiences to help others.

ta-va

Earth Bound
I've seen delays at customs with one vendor in the states (and got the silly post office customs charge) but it did arrive. All other times, the goods have come through without a problem. Straight to the door within 7-10 days which is what I'd expect (from USA, although in this day and age that seems ridiculously slow).
GKE, of course, is amazing. They ship within a day and it's here within 2-3 max.
For me this is all very new and so all of this has happened in 2015.
I wonder if there's been a slackening off of interest from customs this year? @Crunked I would be mighty peed off if my paid-for goods were seized and that would have put me off buying from USA big time. 2 kilos disappearing into the ether would make me seethe.
I don't know if things are changing but it's not been bad this year for buying root and getting it shipped to the UK and Edward's experiences echo my own.
Hope that things go forward as positively as they have and hopefully other vendors can eventually get on board the UK bus.