What's new

Kava Vaping/Smoking Review Deep Awa

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Mr. Lainer and Kapm caused a bit of a stir with the teaser thread. I know I was certainly paying close attention to the thread(s) as they went on. With quite a bit of guidance and generosity from Kapm, I get to post the next review. Let me put this into perspective before I really get into it. I've never smoked or vapped anything what so ever before in my life. I admit, this is a bit out of my comfort zone. I have lived with a smoker (dad) since I was born so to me...it looks bad. It's vapor, I know. I actually had to go and look up how vapping works just as some extra reassurance for myself. That being said, I was intrigued and saw the potential convenience and niche roll for something like this (for me). Now lets get to some review!

What's inside:
The Regal Ava e-liquid is a 100% Vegetable Glycerin (VG) based e-liquid with Vanilla, Cardamom and Spearmint flavors and 80 mg of kava per 1 ml.

The flavor:
@Roaddog pointed out I said “Wow”. Why “wow”? Because The regal kava e-liquid smells soooooooo good. LIKE.....oh.....ma'gawd! I had to sit around for an entire day just smelling that.
#torture
It tastes how it smells, sweet and mild. That description just doesn't do it justice though. If you placed this in one of those Fabreez ads where some guy stuffs his face into the smell and just breaths...yeah, that's me.

The experience:
My dad, who vapped cartomizers on 78mm batteries, loves this e-liquid. He said it's smooth, no harsh draw and tastes real nice and mild. I took a look at his packs of cartomizers and I found that they are 50% Propylene glycol (PG). For those that don't vap, PG based e-liquid can irritate some people. My dad is one of those people. He has boxes of unopened cartomizers sitting in his drawer collecting dust. I also found this a very gentle introduction to vapping. I never coughed or choked in the 9 hours of casual on and off vapping I did on the first day. It was a very forgiving experience and trust me...it was a derpy first day.

The second day (today) I vapped casually for about 2 hours and then put it down to see what kind of mileage I could get out of it. The effects lasted around 1 hour and 15 minutes. After that the magic was gone but I still had a lingering feeling of gentle warmth and muscle relaxation in the limbs and center of the chest. Oh yes, its got kava in it folks. If I wait 10-20 minutes between draws and then take a nice draw that hits the device's cut-off, that “first shell” feeling instantly returns before leveling off into a nice mellow experience.

This 80mg per/ml strength works and works quite well. I certainly felt it but it wasn't a heavy duty experience. It was comfortable, perfect for sitting at the computer and doing some work or watching a live stream. This will in no way replace traditional kava. Like I mentioned elsewhere, niche product. That's great. I think niche kava products are good. My dad has had traditional kava before but it's really not his thing. He loved the hell out of this though. In fact he wants me to order the Deep Awa @120 mg per ml. After about 3 good draws my dad was a very happy man, mmhmm.

As for me, I like it. It's still a little weird vapping kava because of what I mentioned at the beginning of my review. But it's so convenient and there is no risk of spilling liquid around my computer which is a big plus. Turning around and reaching over to another table to drink some kava gets kind of old. The 120mg strength Deep Awa may have enough horse power to be more helpful for anti anxiety (which is what I use kava for) but the Regal ava is at best a mid-week booster between traditional kava sessions for me. That's fine. My dad suggested that this could be something I could take with me when I'm out and about. I'm' not too sure about that but yes I think this would be adequate for that.

Overall I like it and I will eventually upgrade my clearomizer (More airflow...or bottom coils! Or both! rawr!) and possibly get some kind of nice battery set up much later on. I hope Noble Clouds takes off and we see more of them around the forums. I also hope to see more flavors eventually. Something similar to Regal Ava would be amazing with Jasmine. Really, I can see this e-liquid with a myriad of amazing flavors from all over nature coming together to blow our minds.

Overall I really want to give it a 5 shell rating and that's what I'm giving it. Yes it's a nich product. It's a very well polished and beautifully crafted niche product and I wish Mr. Lainer and his partner the best of luck.

PS- Did I mention how amazing it smells? * FACE STUFF * mmmmmmm ::awesomesmiles::

Last edited:

Timothy Lanier

Noble Clouds E-liquid co-Owner/partner
Kava Vendor
Vekta...We are humbled my man. We do not hype our product up....but as you have experienced..it is the real deal. Super excited that this is working for your Father too man! Again thanks so much for taking time out to do this....valuable feedback.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
You're very welcome.
My dad still uses the stinkys but this may be the tiny crack we need to get in there. He never vapped off a clearomizer or juice that wasn't PG based. I have a Kanger EVOD Glass II coming soon so if I can build on the positive experience he had on your e-liquid and get him into some better vapping gear it might push'm a long a little more.

iglooNakamal

Kava Enthusiast
It is all about the gear. I'm looking to stop entirely or get some good gear. I have 2 small batteries that have died, as well as a variable voltage that doesn't want to work either. I am thinking if there is any way I would want to wean my way of nic would be to be relaxed by some kava vapors.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Yeah, I started out with iclear 16 clearomizers. I may be new to vapping but I know what I don't like. The batteries are not really an issue for me as long as they work,

I might be getting a DNA 20 chip (maybe) and if I do I'll be going straight to a box mod. Then it comes back to batteries...and I'll be stickin two 18650's in my build for at least 4000 mah. That will last me....forever. Since the review time has passed I just take a couple-three hits and then put it down.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Yeah, I started out with iclear 16 clearomizers. I may be new to vapping but I know what I don't like. The batteries are not really an issue for me as long as they work,

I might be getting a DNA 20 chip (maybe) and if I do I'll be going straight to a box mod. Then it comes back to batteries...and I'll be stickin two 18650's in my build for at least 4000 mah. That will last me....forever. Since the review time has passed I just take a couple-three hits and then put it down.
lol. I'm familiar with science and technology to some extent, but these kind of discussions leave me feeling like you're talking about some strange alien technology that I can only begin to comprehend.

automaddux

I cannot remember the last time I remember
could someone answer this question for me?

I just ordered the Mellow Mauk and I'm planning to use it in my Herkales sub-ohm tank with the ipv d3. what would be the best environment in order to get the optimum effect?
the tank reads out at about .25 ohms and my box can go up to 80 watts. I know I've seen that you are supposed to use it at a lower wattage but I'm not sure that 7-8 watts would be enough. maybe 40 or 50 watts?

I might also try it out on my dripper as it reads down to .16 ohms and my wick is a lot better on it than the premade coils from Sense.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@automaddux The dripper. For sure. Run it around 20 or so watts. I ran it at 30 and due to the thickness of the juice my wick would dry between hits.