What's new

Kava Candy Review Dark Vegan Chocolate Bar

4bikes

I received one of these as a sample. It was a few days beyond the "best by" date but it was free and chocolate has a pretty forgiving shelf life, so I thought I'd give it a shot. The bars are decent-sized for a solid chocolate bar. Any bigger would probably be a little too rich. Smaller and it wouldn't be as satisfying.

The taste was good. Because I knew that there was kava in it, I felt like I could pick up on a hint of kava flavor over the chocolate. But, to be honest, if I didn't know it was kava, I may not have noticed. It's one of those dark chocolates that is sort of on the border to where it could almost seem like a milk chocolate, but it didn't have that cloying sweetness that some milk chocolates can have. So, as far as being a chocolate bar, I thought it was good!

I was hungry at work on a slow afternoon, so I ate about half and then had to go do some work things for about 20 minutes. I ate the other half when I got back. In general, it did seem to produce a very slight feeling of relaxation and maybe a little bit of sedation. It was very mild but still pleasant. If someone was looking for a full-on kava experience, this probably wouldn't be the right product. But, it's certainly okay if you like chocolate and want to wind down a bit on a slow day.