What's new

Meanwhile in central Auckland (Queen St New World)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Just to emphasize: This is a supermarket in the heart of Auckland's CBD and not a small corner shop or suburban veggie market :)

Capture queen.PNG

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I have a very important question, why does NZ retain the Burger King name, while in Australia they've changed it to Hungry Jacks?
Very pressing and important issue.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I have a very important question, why does NZ retain the Burger King name, while in Australia they've changed it to Hungry Jacks.
Very pressing and important issue.

I think someone had registered the name "Burger King" in Aussie before the US BK made it there.

Interesingly, I've read that NZ's first "Fried Chicken" fast food was established by an entrepreneur called Kristof something. He opened it in Hamilton in the 1980s and called it "Kristof Fried Chicken" or KFC. When the "real" KFC came to NZ he just sold them the right to use that name. Not sure if it's true though. could be an urban legend.

Last edited by a moderator:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I think someone had registered the name "Burger King" in Aussie before the US BK made it there.

Interesingly, I've read that NZ's first "Fried Chicken" fast food was established by a Polish entrepreneur called Kristof something. He opened it in Hamilton in the 1980s and called it "Kristof Fried Chicken" or KFC. When the "real" KFC came to NZ he just sold them the right to use that name. Not sure if it's true though. could be an urban legend.
I see. Is it true Kristof Fried Chicken fried their chicken in Vodka oil ?
j/k, I never heard that, just wanna add to the urban legend.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
In any case, I am wondering who buys this kava. Tourists? Queen St is the main commercial/business street of Auckland. It's quite far away from some of the more "polynesian" suburbs.

Brohepa

Kava Curious
A PN Countdown use to sell this exact brand 3 or 4 years ago..I remember buying a packet but can't remember what it was like. Which probably isnt a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.