What's new

Hello y'all

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Ach du lieber! My omi und opa emigrated from Deutschland to America in 1956 and are both still living. She lived in Stonischken before the war. After the war, she moved to Ernst near Cochem on the Mosel river. She wrote a book about the war called, From Stonischken to Gedhus.(it's for sale on Amazon)

My mother is 100% German, and my father is well over 75%. We live in Cincinnati Ohio, which has a huge German/American population, and the 2nd biggest Oktoberfest outside of Munich along with four different German hunting clubs(that's codeword for a place to get away from Frau kommandant and drink beer in the woods). Kolping society, Donauschwaben, Hofbrauhaus etc. The majority of downtown cincinnati is referred to as Over the Rhine, since it reminded Germans of home. While I love being American, I take pride in my German heritage, and I have a hollow leg to prove it! I am a kraut, through and through.

Wilkommen!
Question: how many Germans does it take to screw in a lighbulb?
Answer: just one. We are efficient and have no sense of humor.
Bis spater!

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hello Kava-Community,
I'm 28 years old and i live in germany.
I been drinkin' Kava since last years and made some good experiences with it. I tried Malekula Magic, some instant Kava and Kava Candy..
I'm lookin' forward for some good conversation and information about kava.

peace out :)
Welcome!!
Are you perhaps a funkay monkey?? :)
::chugger::

Funkay

thank you all for your friendly words :)

@ august: i think you people over there keep the traditions way more alive than we do over here. i live in a big metropolitan area in western germany and we not really celebrating the oktoberfest...at least not in the trational form and it's nothing to compare with munich. :woot: germany is also very multicultural today, especially where i live. my roots are not fully german also. i think middle-europe and the united states are much alike these days.
i think the book of your omi should be very interresting. many old people in germany got so much to tell about those dark times durring the war, my granny wrote her memoirs too. :)

@ head hodghe: no, i never had an account here...but cool nickname :D

have a wonderfull day y'all :)

bula ::shell::