What's new

Didn't like Moi, should I try Mahakea, Nene, or Boroguru next? (micronized)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick01

Kava Curious
I bought a big bag of micronized Moi last year. I really liked how easy it was to drink in micronized form, but I missed the mellow body melting feeling from other kavas.

Ive read that Moi is a almost entirely head kava, so I want to try one of the others but I can't decide which one.

I love the euphoria and heady rush from a good kava, but I also love a great body high. I ideally want a kava that combines the two. Which GHK micronized kava should I go for next?

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Try Boroguru next. Mahakea doesn't seem to work on me that well, so I can't recommend it. Nene is predominantly heavy, so since you like both, I'd go Boroguru.

D

Deleted User01

I like Steve's suggestion, though I do like Mahakea for a heavy kava. The GHK Boroguru packed a pretty good punch and was almost to heavy for me. I keep hearing that @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava is going to release Hiwa but no release date yet. :(

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Mahakea makes me antsy if I go heavy on the tablespoons or if don't cut it with other kava. Mo'I must be intense!

D

Deleted User01

I always end my GHK sessions with Nene and that makes for a mellow night and good sleep. Heady kavas are great during the day but I need something to calm down at night.

Patrick01

Kava Curious
Thanks for the responses. So it sounds to me like Mahakea is more on the heady side and nene is very sedative. I think ill go with the Boroguru for this time then, thanks!

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
have you ever tried medium grind? i was once afraid of trying medium grind for fear of messing it up but it really is easy. chris even has videos on youtube showing how to do it...the visual is what helped me. anyway if you ever do medium grind i think hanakapi ai would be right up your alley.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
I find Mahakea to be quite well rounded. Personally I don't get the jitters from it. I've yet to sample the boroguru. It's on my list to try. Mo'i-hakea is my favorite mix. Mo'i gives it the kick, and mahakea gives it legs.

Edit: I hope you take the leap to sampling medium grind, as there are so many wonderful kavas out there that don't come in micronized form. If you're worried you'll mess it up...well don't worry it's easy!

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I think @August West is right about Mahakea. From what I've seen on here, it's been described as pretty balanced.

Personally, I found Boroguru to be pretty balanced. It was definitely heavy, but it had a definite euphoric side for me. And it was strong. And a great value.

I also agree about medium grind. Definitely the way to go, and you can work out your frustrations on the strainer bag.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
B-b-b-boroguru is exactly what you're describing.

I usually mix boroguru and whatever heady kava I have on hand in a 2:1 ratio.

Patrick01

Kava Curious
I've been using medium grind for a bunch of years, but i've always preferred the effects I got when I toss and washed it over the strain method. I always felt the strain method somewhat dulled the euphoric notes while toss and wash brings them out. The micronized kava from GHK is really easy to toss and wash so I prefer it.

Order of Boroguru is on the way, im looking forward to trying it.

Patrick01

Kava Curious
Just wanted to follow up, ive used the boroguru a handful of times now and its great.

One thing I really like about it is how long it lasts. Many times when I toss and washing ill get a strong rush but then a fast comedown. The boroguru, however, comes on slow and steady and stays around for a while. The body high is really nice and the mental effects are great.

Thanks again for the suggestions everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.