What's new

Powdered Kava Review 'Ono

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
It seems this kava is a little less potent than what I'm used to. I feel as though the 2 tablespoons I used wasnt enough but latley I've been delving deeper anyway ! Ultimately it's very nice. I started my day out with yerba mate so I'm a ready a little stimulated, adding this kava just intensified that stimulation and I find my self with a tight jaw (classic stim)
I feel very heady effects and yet not overwhelmed by them ... usually I would have to feel krunk to get this stupid smile on my face but for some reason I barley feel krunk or dizzyish and yet the stupid smile is there ! Which is quite a blessing !. This kava is very backround yet the effects you want are their. Everything feels nice and calm and I'm in a good mood but it feels less of a burden to be on kava this early as it usually would. Once again which is a good thing for me :)
I highly reccomend this kava for work !!! Thanks cactus I'll review all the others soon as well :)

Oh ya and the muslin bag was awesome it's so smooth and works amazing !!

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Hey there @Mrbinx69 !

I'm going to post here what I sent over PM a bit ago about 'Ono:

Yea, the 'Ono is not a heavy hitter. I like it for a really relaxing time without the usual krunk feel. I would consider it more of a gentleman's kava if there ever was one. It's got a nice oily texture, the taste is very similar to that of fresh kava, and it's just plain good kava. For reference, though, you should use 2 tablespoons per shell. Each night I consume 8 tablespoons, which equals half a cup and makes 3-4 shells.

I think anyone trying only 2 tablespoons of any kava would barely feel a thing :)

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I heavily disagree about that tho sir. 2 tablespoons spread out maybe.
But I know when I pound 2 tablespoons of my usual kava Ecspecially in the am before eating I typically am krunked.... ( I should've put up their that I'm part of the LIGHTWEIGHT kava club)

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
After a strenuous yoga session the previous night my body was rebelling and In need of serious muscle relaxation. (I achieved the crow position - balancing my body weight just on my forearms. But paying for it the next day!). :dead:
I usually go for the mahakea but recently I've found it a little anxiety-provoking and consequently muscle tightening - at least for an hour or two. So I needed something fast and heavy but not overly so. Ah! Break out the cactus kava 'Ono! And yes indeed it is nui nui Ono! I'm a kava sipper for the first half shell and this Ono had a very different taste to other kava's. Slightly peppery, very grassy and fresh, followed by brief bitterness. But very smooth going down.
I don't need a lot and as I had a barre class later in the day, didn't want to be couch locked so I just stayed with 6 ounces water mixed with 1 heaping tablespoon.
Within minutes felt internal tension lessening and an hour later I realized the muscle soreness was just about gone. No anxiety, just a very relaxed happy feeling. Meditated a while, took it easy the rest of the day and had a very successful barre class.
If this is the feeling I get from just one shell I can't wait for the opportunity to try two!
Mahalo nui loa, cactus kava. Ono is indeed Ono!