What's new

Wakacon Fiji Waka, anyone had it recently?

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
I haven't had kava in almost 3 months because I've been unable to afford it, but the other day I picked up some fiji waka because I couldn't deal with the anxiety anymore, today and yesterday after a 6tbsp toss and wash (I was doing 8 tbsp t&w before the long period of abstinence) I feel very lethargic throughout the day. It could just be me not being used to it again, which will take time. The kava feels normal to me, that heavy but heady feeling I remember from wakacon, definitely got good kavain in it, I just feel some pretty lethargic after effects next day from it. Anyone had any recently?

KavaCat

Meow.
I've never had any of their Fiji, but it feels like a good time to try it. I'll grab a bag of it and get back when I've had some. Is the lethargy really unpleasant, or more like you're still coming off? 6 TBSP could be a little heavy, if the batch they have is stronger than the last. And like everyone's always saying, be sure to stay hydrated. That can make you feel really tired. I just bring that up because it's the middle of summer, and all...

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
I've never had any of their Fiji, but it feels like a good time to try it. I'll grab a bag of it and get back when I've had some. Is the lethargy really unpleasant, or more like you're still coming off? 6 TBSP could be a little heavy, if the batch they have is stronger than the last. And like everyone's always saying, be sure to stay hydrated. That can make you feel really tired. I just bring that up because it's the middle of summer, and all...
More just like I could sleep the day away.

Jalak

Kava Curious
Just my own anecdotal evidence, but I notice that I can get that sleep all day feeling from any good Noble kava if I'm lacking sleep recently. I don't have the greatest sleep schedule in the first place though. It's certainly not unpleasant, in fact the sleep is great, but sometimes it's unwanted because there are things to get done.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I have some right now, and I've got to say I'm just not very impressed with it. I drank like half a pound yesterday to very little effect.

BulaJones

My tongue is numb!
Wakacon was my introduction to kava and I have been drinking it for the past few weeks. I take mine in the morning, and by evening i seem to have a mild hangover (headache, malaise, etc). This can last over to the next day to the point that I will avoid kava. I know people say kava is a diarrhetic, but this stuff seems excessive.

Wakacon seems like the PBR of kava. Its cheap, gets the job done, but is really unpleasant. I just had my first shell of BHK borogu this morning. It's amazing. If I don't get the unpleasant effects I experienced from Wakacon I don't think I will go back.

Last edited:

blindy107

Kava Lover
I stopped drinking it a year ago. Never sat well with me. And it's not really much cheaper than kavaboy or even KWK and BKH.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Best Fiji Kava is cheaper and seems to be getting better reviews here and there. I'd say that's a good competition for Wakacon level kava. I got some recently and used it as filler root with my Kalm kava root. Effective for that, if nothing else...

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Just as an update I did do an acetone test, it actually came out looking more noble than last time as it was a perfect yellow. I haven't felt the tiredness anymore so I think i was just re-adjusting. I had almost a 4 month break from it. I'll have to check out the best fiji kava, seems even with shipping it's cheaper.

KavaCat

Meow.
I ordered a package of this like I said I would, and I FINALLY got it. Took a whole month for my package to ship for some reason, but I think that was probably amazon's fault. Kneaded four tbsp, and have been drinking it just now. I don't think I would agree with kavadude that an entire half-pound does nothing, but it IS very mild. I feel that if they were selling tudei, at the very least, it would be much stronger than this. I'll have a few shells today and update tomorrow on how I feel.

One good thing I can say for it is that it's definitely got a mild taste, for kava anyway. :D

Update: An hour later, I am NOT feeling that it is mild anymore. Holy crap, it just took some time to set in. So far, a very cheerful strain for me. I'll make a new post for my next-day effects, if I have any.

Last edited:

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
I have some. I kind of like it really. Not the greatest, but its convenient for one day shipping from amazon

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
I ordered a package of this like I said I would, and I FINALLY got it. Took a whole month for my package to ship for some reason, but I think that was probably amazon's fault. Kneaded four tbsp, and have been drinking it just now. I don't think I would agree with kavadude that an entire half-pound does nothing, but it IS very mild. I feel that if they were selling tudei, at the very least, it would be much stronger than this. I'll have a few shells today and update tomorrow on how I feel.

One good thing I can say for it is that it's definitely got a mild taste, for kava anyway. :D

Update: An hour later, I am NOT feeling that it is mild anymore. Holy crap, it just took some time to set in. So far, a very cheerful strain for me. I'll make a new post for my next-day effects, if I have any.
The next day tiredness

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast

The next day tiredness did finally go away for me after adjusting so I think it was just not having it for so long and my body not being adjusted. And yes it is very cheery with just the right amount of sedation, very balanced kava which is why I like it, even if it is a bit weak tbsp for tbsp compared to some more potent options. I did get around to trying some best Fiji, not the same as the wakacon but definitely stronger. Money not being an issue I think GHK strains would better suit me.

KavaCat

Meow.
Okay, so, sorry for the late update. I didn't notice any next day tiredness at all, even after having it twice in the day. I did however, notice some light sedation DURING the day, but definitely no tudei-like effects for me. I've had a strain that was supposed to be somewhat adulterated according to the tests, and it did always make me feel foggy the next day. I got none of that kind of feeling with the Fiji. I think it's just a bit of a sleepy strain, and it's just your personal metabolism there.

If money is an issue, you could blend some GHK with some less expensive. I have done that, just to see what kind of effects I can get at times.

Piper Methysticum

Let Kava Take The Wheel
I have some right now, and I've got to say I'm just not very impressed with it. I drank like half a pound yesterday to very little effect.
I have using this and spiking it with a somewhat small amount of Stone which adds a nice kick to it. Waka on steroids if you will.