What's new

A new kava drink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle R

Cheers Kavadude thanks for the support! USPS has already picked up today but it will go out with tomorrow morning's orders. All orders ship priority mail so they should be in your hands Saturday.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
I ordered from you on Friday the 3 pack 10 ounce concentrate. Looks really interesting and kavasaur had nothing but good things to say about you. I'm new to kava and I'm hoping that your concentrate has the punch that I'm looking for because I bought some AAA kava (Fiji) that some people are saying is not that strong. if you're interested in getting your product to the east coast and you're looking for a sales guy to get you in places by all means private message me. I help businesses on a day to day basis get their product where it needs to be. Your products is one of those products that needs to be everywhere

verticity

I'm interested in things
But there is also water and guava, it will be strange(but good) if there is 283 grams for 20$ ;). So we don't know how exactly gram of Kava there is.
Apparently it's actually a secret:
Thanks Kavadude! I hate being ambiguous but one of the difficult parts of this process was determining the appropriate strains and amounts of kavalactones to create the perfect Kava Drink. We have to keep that one in our pocket for the time being. ;-)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Dalailakava

Kava Curious
Tried the product, but I was not aware that it also contained L-Theanine, Californian poppy and food coloring among other things. It would be nice if the ingredients were listed online so that we could be made aware of them before we order, and therefor avoid surprises like I had. If your looking for a pure Kava experience this product will disappoint. I could not use it, as I am sensitive to Californian poppy. But I you simply want a foggy head buzz, it will do the trick plus it taste good too. I contacted Mike, and he did offer to refund the unopened bottles. But since I live in Canada, it was more money to ship them back, than the refund. So Mike offered me 50% off any other product he carries, however I don't need anything for now. Finally I posted these comments on the Kalm with Kava website, but my comments were deleted.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Tried the product, but I was not aware that it also contained L-Theanine, Californian poppy and food coloring among other things. It would be nice if the ingredients were listed online so that we could be made aware of them before we order, and therefor avoid surprises like I had. If your looking for a pure Kava experience this product will disappoint. I could not use it, as I am sensitive to Californian poppy. But I you simply want a foggy head buzz, it will do the trick plus it taste good too. I contacted Mike, and he did offer to refund the unopened bottles. But since I live in Canada, it was more money to ship them back, than the refund. So Mike offered me 50% off any other product he carries, however I don't need anything for now. Finally I posted these comments on the Kalm with Kava website, but my comments were deleted.
@Kalm with Kava, I'd like to see the amount of kavalactones in the drink as well. It doesn't really make sense to me that it is secret...

Dalailakava

Kava Curious
@@Kalm with Kava, I'd like to see the amount of kavalactones in the drink as well. It doesn't really make sense to me that it is secret...
I agree with you, and the other question I have is, why do you have to add sedative herbs to the drink? If it does contain a Kava concentrate then that should be enough! no?
Why aren't the ingredients posted online?

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Thanks for the Feedback and questions @Dalailakava and @verticity. Our old website did have a list of ingredients posted but it seems as things were swapped over, This was one thing that got missed. It will be updated shortly to include this, thanks for catching that.
It is unfortunate your sensitivity to California Poppy. Typically we get nothing but great reviews on the Drink and Concentrate. As for including other ingredients, this was a serious undertaking over the course of 3 years with myself, food scientists, and nutritionists. Initially the vision was only to make an effective Relaxation Drink utilizing my love for Kava along with complementary ingredients such as the kava candies include. But my love for kava root itself and finding great new varieties of kava eventually took over and morphed into what Kalm with Kava is today. This is why we offer varieties of Noble Kava Root as well for people looking to stay more traditional. We are constantly tweaking and finding ways to be better. This includes removing the artificial colors from both the drink and concentrate which has proved to be very difficult. But we will definitely keep up the work. As for not yet disclosing the actual amount of kavalactones per serving in the drink and concentrate, a lot of hard work, testing, money, and research has been put in to make them what they are today. This was one area that was difficult to find the right balance. As more companies come into the arena trying to make kava drinks, we just as soon like to keep this information private for now.
Thanks again,
Mike
Kalm with Kava

Last edited:

verticity

I'm interested in things
Thanks for the Feedback and questions @Dalailakava and @verticity. Our old website did have a list of ingredients posted but it seems as things were swapped over, This was one thing that got missed. It will be updated shortly to include this, thanks for catching that.
It is unfortunate your sensitivity to California Poppy. Typically we get nothing but great reviews on the Drink and Concentrate. As for including other ingredients, this was a serious undertaking over the course of 3 years with myself, food scientists, and nutritionists. Initially the vision was only to make an effective Relaxation Drink utilizing my love for Kava along with complementary ingredients such as the kava candies include. But my love for kava root itself and finding great new varieties of kava eventually took over and morphed into what Kalm with Kava is today. This is why we offer varieties of Noble Kava Root as well for people looking to stay more traditional. We are constantly tweaking and finding ways to be better. This includes removing the artificial colors from both the drink and concentrate which has proved to be very difficult. But we will definitely keep up the work. As for not yet disclosing the actual amount of kavalactones per serving in the drink and concentrate, a lot of hard work, testing, money, and research has been put in to make them what they are today. This was one area that was difficult to find the right balance. As more companies come into the arena trying to make kava drinks, we just as soon like to keep this information private for now.
Thanks again,
Mike
Kalm with Kava
I can appreciate your desire to keep your hard earned formula private. I am not asking you to divulge the whole formula, but KL% would be very useful information for consumers. I don't really understand why that by itself would compromise your formula, which contains a myriad of ingredients. It's actually pretty unusual for a kava product to not give this information. They are, after all, the active ingredients, and are drugs. It would be like if a bottle of Ibuprofen did not specify how much was in each tablet. I guess I still don't get it.

taylor

Kava Curious
Thanks again,
Mike
Kalm with Kava
Thats dumb. Youve lost a customer due to this, me. I liked your drink but i think there is a level of transparency expected for customers to support you. Nobodys asking for a full list of ingredients and how to make it and rip you off.. simply how much kavalactones are in it. Wouldnt you like to know how much caffiene would be in a drink you got? Same thing.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

verticity

I'm interested in things
Thats dumb. Youve lost a customer due to this, me. I liked your drink but i think there is a level of transparency expected for customers to support you. Nobodys asking for a full list of ingredients and how to make it and rip you off.. simply how much kavalactones are in it. Wouldnt you like to know how much caffiene would be in a drink you got? Same thing.

Hey, KWK has great products. Both the drink and powdered root, which I enjoy consuming tons of; let's not go throwing the baby out with the makas...

taylor

Kava Curious
Hey, KWK has great products. Both the drink and powdered root, which I enjoy consuming tons of; let's not go throwing the baby out with the makas...
I agree, i enjoyed there products greatly but i wouldnt be surprised if keeping that a secret is illegal being that its an active ingredient. I own an ecig company and that would be like me selling eliquid but not telling anyone the percentage of nicotine we put in it.. no hard feelings im sure your a great guy, i like your products, i just disagree with that and wont be continuing my purchases until you share that. I really think all of that should be on the bottle

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Very compelling points both @taylor and @verticity. Seeing things from the side of a consumer I have to completely agree this would be information I would also want myself when researching a kava product to purchase. So..... The relaxation drink has 200mg per bottle or 100mg per serving. The concentrate has 200mg per 1 oz. serving.

Last edited:

taylor

Kava Curious
You're awesome. I understand wanting to keep things proprietary completely and thankyou for sharing that. Sorry if i came across like a dick. Like i said your concentrate is one of my favorite products and i will continue to support you and turn more of my family and friends on to you. Just seemed weird to keep that secret. Again thank you so much. Ill order more asap

Status
Not open for further replies.