What's new

The Kava Effect - need help please!

Makaveli

Kava Curious
I've got a 250g set compliment of GKE Magic Malekula a little while ago: http://www.globalkavaexports.com/malekula-magic-kava

Around 10 days ago I finished my 50g Instant Kava and to be honest didn't feel anything

Has my reverse tolerance been 're-set'??

Mainly how can I use this unopened 250g of Magic Malekula to feel something??

I just want the effect a few times to know it's there - then basically I want to explore the whole spectrum of Kava more like a connoisseur

Any advice on preparation would also be very much appreciated

Thank you guys for any help

Makaveli

Kava Curious
Nah didn't feel anything last time really

But I've just bought nylon stockings lol!!!

And have 250g of Magic Malekula

I don't actually know how to prepare from root.....and help would be much appreciate on this aspect as well

And hopefully want this 250g even if I use it mostly today to give me something

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Take 4 tablespoons and some almost hot water .( 2 coffee mugs of water ).. put the 4 tablespoons into the stocking and then dip it in the water using a bowl.. then start rubbing the kava with your hands from the outside of the nylon, and you'll feel the oils coming out and just repeat that until you don't feel oily from the kava anymore .. add ice and chug the whole thing, on an empty stomach... then get a bite to eat in a couple minutes preferably hot and digestive (hot sauce, ginger, black pepper, ect)

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
If that doesn't work, you sir are still in reverse tolerance or something isn't clicking ! Lol. But I never had success when I first started out, now it works like a charm

Makaveli

Kava Curious
Great advice man

Damn I just had a tiny chocolate - that's not a big deal is it??

- Raw root power into stocking
- 2 mugs warm water (any milk?) in a bowl
- put stocking in bowl and 'knead' (I.e. Rub, squeeze, massage etc. ??)
- do for like 10 mins?
- drink

Is his process correct ?

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Perfect, and no milk is neccesarry, although I do add it sometimes after for a better consistency to the drink. Your good on the chocolate haha that wont be a problem. But your not extracting the chemicals into the drink so it's not neccesarry for the fat to be there. This I was obsessed with when I started out and never felt anything... I've never added a fat since I started feeling it. Lol you will clearly see oilyness on top of the water and feel it in it.

Makaveli

Kava Curious
I'm feeling tired-ish

Feel like going to 8 tablespoons with 2 mugs and storing half of it for a few hours

What you reckon?

Makaveli

Kava Curious
I've had some and some effect I think

I'm not sure but......it feels a bit like drink

I'm quite tired, kinda. Billed although that could be because of my shower, importantly I puked in the bath room

The same way when a drink is getting nasty. I have the same thoughts: if I puke will I lose the Kava effect or has it already gone into my bloodstream

Maybe it was the taste of knocking back a huge mug that stays with me and demanded I puked

I hope this is the start of more genuine and better buzzes but at least I feel anyway that I've felt some effect

Are there any nasty surprises I should know about??

Thanks

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah when start getting effects it seems you also start getting more side effects at higher amounts... which is good. So just lower your amount and you might find your getting more positives and less negatives next time

Makaveli

Kava Curious
Thanks

I think I may go for 6 tablespoons with a mug and half of warm water later on

Also - how long should I knead/rub for?

It seems no matter how long I do it.....if I use new water even that becomes 'murky' with kava as well

Wish there was a better way to extract the Kava

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Then do as many of those as you can... the reason thus is happening is because water can only hold so much. So do 2 washes.. and then mix them together. If your gonna use 6 tablespoons your gonna need more water than a mug and a half. I would use 6 mugs of water !lol

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Just use as much until your left with almost just pure water when you do the final wash then you know you got all you can. How much did you use when you puked ?

D

Deleted User01

@Makaveli, when I strain kava, I use a 16oz can of Coconut Water ... make sure it is water and not creme! I add a little water if need be. Then I chill it real good before drinking it. The puking might be a physcological thing caused by thinking about the "nastiness" of the drink. And drinking it warm makes it even nastier. See if you can fool your brain into thinking it is a nice cold but weird tasting drink. I have never puked but I swear that I was ready to puke the time that I used very hot water (140) and the kava came out greasy and slimy. Yech!!:eek: For me, the mouth feel can make me wanna puke!
One more thing, space out your shells every 20-30 minutes so you don't overwhelm your stomach all at once.

Makaveli

Kava Curious
Yeah I used about 10 tablespoons and 2 mugs of water when I puked

A mug a tablespoon seems quite excessive - that's a lot of water

So your saying do a few 'washes' and then mix the several washes together

And what do you mean space my shells out? How much is a shell??

Thanks

Makaveli

Kava Curious
Just put about 8-10 large tablespoons in my nylon stocking and measured out 4-5 mugs of water ..... It is a huge amount of water!!

Is this normal ?? On top of that there could be more with a second wash

Getting confused?!

BulaJones

My tongue is numb!
I generally use 2-3 heaping tablespoons to two cups warm water. Knead for 7-10 minutes, then add ice. 2-3 batches should be all you need. If you want to make it a bit more palatable you can add some half&half and cocoa. A good chaser is ginger ale. It cuts the kava flavor and helps with nausea.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Sorry makaveli lol didn't see this post. Yeah its alot of water! Lol and shells to me would be individual cups I have from that batch ! Lol. The lot of water is where the ability to space it out comes from. I felt the same way when I started doing it. But honestly it seemed to just work better. You really don't have to do the mixing of second wash and ect, I usually don't even do one sadly lol. But I try to use equal amounts so I'm properly hydrated no matter what. That's more why I reccomend it! Lol your welcome to adjust as you have and so on. Whatever works but doesn't make you puke ! Haha