What's new

Powdered Kava Review Fiji Loa

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
No reason not to give it 5 shells. Such good kava.

Could've used more root like I usually do but it ended up not being necessary and didn't want to make a lot either at that time. Although out of that liter of kava I've watered it down to probably 2x that much and still is potent. only a couple shells is necessary. as mentioned before, I probably drank 6-8 ounces total of my mix since I made it as I was making dinner and didn't want to wait any longer to eat. Had a hot meal (sauteed potatoes, 2 fried eggs on top, sliced avocados) which really energized the kava. Napped off a migraine earlier in the evening but there was absolutely no hint of the headache from earlier after having some kava. Didn't even think about other mild body aches/pains during this time. Looking forward to the weekend where I can take my time and have a few more shells. Seems like there are potentially deeper levels of an experience with this kava that isn't found in others. Don't know how else to explain it but that's what I get with Fiji kava (Paradise's Fijian, for instance) on occasion.

This stuff is potent and will serve you right. You could probably make yourself ill from it also, fair warning, as it can be really hard to get down if it's strong enough. Made mine with warm water and it tasted awful. That limited how much I drank. I'll propose that the taste/bitterness is a natural, built-in way to limit your kava intake. The more you drink, the harder it is to continue drinking. If thinking about it makes you feel nauseous then you've prob had enough. I've never drank enough kava to turn my stomach to regurgitate at all but I've gotten fairly nauseous before. This is one you really need to drink cold to avoid nausea. Really need to make clear, though, that when cold this kava tastes fine. It's easy to drink with a mild flavor when cold that's how I rated the Bitterness above. I just like making it warm to help with the extraction process then I can't wait long enough to chill it.

Keeping this around, great kava!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Nice review :) Glad to see a few of us are doing reviews for this new kava!
It is exceptional kava, with more power then I figured for what I though would be a mild and light kava, I was wrong lol...
Like this one "for me" had the power of stone from N@H, and that is a strong kava! But the effect's couldn't be more different. I will try again this weekend when I don't have much to worry about and see about raising it up a tbsp, but like I wrote in my review, I didn't need to even finish all of mine lol...maybe my shell holds a little more then normal and I was drinking too fast? who knows lol..
But I am looking forward to pulling this one out again!

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
I mixed the Fiji Loa tonight 4 tbsp to 3 tbsp of Kavaboy seemed to not have as much effect as alone. Although I was much busier tonight and did feel the kava doing the job to keep me from stressing out too much in a stressful situation. Results achieved, nonetheless. It's interesting how the kava experience can vary one day to the next. I did feel the "kava boost" kick in over a hot meal again. All in all still very impressed with this one and will keep it around.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
Based on this thread I just ordered a pound of my own. Will come back with results after a few days of use. Im really excited for this one. Based upon your guys descriptions it sounds like the kava Ive been looking for. I've read the reviews but it doesn't hurt to ask more, do you guys find it tiring at all? Or is it a kava which can sometimes be used during the day?

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
Based on this thread I just ordered a pound of my own. Will come back with results after a few days of use. Im really excited for this one. Based upon your guys descriptions it sounds like the kava Ive been looking for. I've read the reviews but it doesn't hurt to ask more, do you guys find it tiring at all? Or is it a kava which can sometimes be used during the day?
All kava tires me. I really can't get past that people find any kava energizing. That being said, this kava doesn't knock me out like others generally do. In fact, I like to stay awake longer so I can feel the effects a while longer :)