What's new

Hanakapi Ai or Blend, you decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I blend two kava types together all time, but never three.

So I think you should blend three kavas together and call it 'Menage 'a Trois'.

Make a variation that leans heady and one that leans heavy. So then you would have 'Heady Menage 'a Trois' and 'Heavy Menage 'a Trois'.

I could really get into a good micronized heady Menage 'a Trois. :)

D

Deleted User01

What we need is a chemist to analyze the kavas and see what ratios of kavalactones and other biochemicals for each kava. Then mix one with property 1 with another that has property 2 with another that has property 3 and so on. That way you get a well rounded put potent dose of ALL the kavalactones. Maybe it ends ups being a 6-6-6-6-6-6. ::evillaugh2:: Ok, ok, maybe a 4-4-4-4-4-4. No missing parts in this special blend.

verticity

I'm interested in things
What we need is a chemist to analyze the kavas and see what ratios of kavalactones and other biochemicals for each kava. Then mix one with property 1 with another that has property 2 with another that has property 3 and so on. That way you get a well rounded put potent dose of ALL the kavalactones. Maybe it ends ups being a 6-6-6-6-6-6. ::evillaugh2:: Ok, ok, maybe a 4-4-4-4-4-4. No missing parts in this special blend.
That's actually possible to some extent. For example I've been mixing Nene and Mo'i to give a little more kavain to Nene, but it would be hard to come up with a blend where all the KLs are actually equal, because all the noble kavas tend to favor 4 and 2. And the result would probably not be enjoyable to drink. The existing noble chemotypes were developed by the islanders over thousands of years for a very good reason..

August West

Kava Enthusiast
With kavain's effects coming and going so quickly compared to other kl's, I think it would be best for it to remain higher in concentration than others. Seriously a hana-hakea-mo'i sounds fantastic

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
Hanakapi'ai is a heavy kava, and I'm thinking if you blend it keep it heavy. So I'm thinking blending the Hanakapi'ai with Mahakea would be a nice combination. Moi seems a little too light for my tastes, and mixing Hanakapi'ai with Moi would yield a blend neither Hanakapi'ai lovers or Moi lovers would like as much. Another thought is that the Hanakapi'ai is very smooth. It would be a shame to lose that smoothness in a blend that would yield something harsher. Blending it with Mahakea would make it harsher. It seems no matter what you do there will be a tradeoff in some way. Is there a Waka your supplier in Fiji or Vanuatu could supply you with to make the blend?

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
You know I have a hard time with the word "choose" when it comes to kava :LOL:. @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava Your most recent harvest of Hanakapi Ai is (at least for me) remarkably balanced and is on par with a strong batch of boronguru. Even though it's one of your "Special edition" newsletter harvests it stands among my most favored kavas atm because it retains all the great things about moi while also touching on the positive aspects of a boroguru [attentive and tranquil(moi)/muscular relaxation(boroguru)].
I'm honestly Indecisive because I remember loving the last blend you put together (Hurricane Hawaiian)...so if that was the case I wouldn't mind seeing what you come up with this time around.

Anyhow I'll keep an eye out for your next update Chris, I mean if we're true kavasseurs well trust that you know what's best eh? ::amirite::

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
after spending some one on one time with sir duke-on-the-tine hanakapi ai i must say that it has become my favorite kava. if i drink a small shell every 30-45 minutes i get a nice heady feeling with some energy along with some fantastic muscle relaxation and anxiety relief but completely without sedation. i actually feel more energized at this level than i do while drinking moi. i may be alone in this but i end up feeling a bit more relaxed while drinking moi than hanakapi ai; the moi has a fuzzy-headedness, for lack of a real word, whereas the hanakapi ai leaves me very clear-headed. unless, of course, i drink more than the initial outlined doses; at that point it's heavy muscle relaxation and sleepy time for me.
the point is; i would love to try the stump on its own AND i would love to try any blend that Chris put together containing hanakapi ai

Status
Not open for further replies.