What's new

Powdered Kava Review Pouni Ono

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
Got some KWK Pouni Ono in the mail yesterday after having Borongoru for about a month, and the difference is very nice. The Pouni Ono for me is a nice weekend-morning kava. The sun is shining, it's not too hot, sitting outside with a coffee, I feel well at peace and not anxious about a thing.

I got two very nice washes out of this batch, about 1.5 cups of water for each wash. The second was about as tasty and oily as the first, really not much difference except for maybe slightly less bite. Takes about 30 minutes to set in. The sensation is nice. It's heady, but not overly heady, and also has notes of slight sedation but not enough to make me feel sleepy. I've been doing laundry and putting it out on the line, and I don't feel the lack of motivation to move around that comes with heavier/body kavas.

The taste is also very nice, not bitter at all, absolutely NO back-throat hit like I get with some other varieties. It went down smooth with very little aftertaste. I didn't even have to chase with water.

Overall I'd say this is a great choice for someone who wants a heady kava with a very slight hint of sedation. No offense KWK, my favorite is Mo'i, but I'd say Pouni Ono comes in at a very solid second favorite for me. My thoughts are clear, I don't feel aimless, I'm able to concentrate and move about and get things done, as well as feel at peace with the day. This would be an absolutely perfect beach kava.

Also a great selling point for me was the one-day shipping from Amazon for a 1lb. order. Clicked the button, and it was at my door the next day. :) It's worth the few extra bucks for me. I'd encourage other vendors (if possible) to get their kavas available on Amazon Prime. Right now KWK and Ozia's candy's are the only noble products I've found on Amazon.

So, if you're lingering on a potential order of Pouni Ono - don't! Order some, you won't be disappointed.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Nice review!
You nailed it with the "perfect for the beach kava" lol...that's kinda how pouni ono makes me feel...its nice and heady for me,
but not too heady that its uncomfortable...ever since the micro has came out I haven't kneaded up a batch, but there both superb kavas! :)