What's new

3rd Day Liver Pain (advice please)

Kava Kava R us

\Bula/ As another shell goes down!
Kava Vendor
It was only 3 days, and only the last day brought the liver pain, it has now been 36 hours since last consumption and I am feeling better if the liver pain is gone by tomorrow I will not worry about it if it continues I will surely see a doctor.

Yes that is the stuff I have been taking here is the exact photo (from a trusted seller):

So you suggest NOT taking kava of any kind/purity in capsules? Always drink it? This stuff definitely smells like kava, they have sold hundreds of bags with positive feedback and it says USDA Organic (I did not think the USDA approved of Kava at all?) Maybe capsules are okay if taken with certain foods?

I guess this is why I am here because my research has gone in the wrong directions, can anyone provide me with links to correct information? It taste horrible I need to make sure however I prepare it I can tolerate it...would love to come up with a way to take it in the morning as well as at night but night is my main focus as it helped me SO much...since I had to stop last night I used a "benzo" instead and I do not like those; they keep me asleep but I do not reach REM and when I wake up I do not feel ready to jump put of bed the drowsiness effect stays. I am only in my 20s but I can't seem to get good sleep, and its not my bed.

I remember giving that stuff a quick try... It was nothing like true noble kava. It gives a burning sensation to the back of your mouth, doesn't relax you, just has a catching marketing online. I made sure to send it back.

D

Deleted User01

@Deleted User, any ideas? I don't even think I had liver pain when I drank too much tequila and was sick for 2 days back in the day. I'm having a hard time believing that a dose or 2 of bad Kava could cause liver pain. The exception would be poisonous kava. Please be on the alert for appendicitis. I truly hope you are feeling better very, very soon.

P.S. I finally figured out how to zoom in on the pictures of the package. I have never heard of Herbal Island so I'm not sure they are a trusted seller. It says 10:1 instant which means it is strong or something? The more I look at it, the more concerned I become. My main concern at this point is the purity or impurity of the product. If that product is actually causing the pain, then it must have some foreign substance in it. I don't believe that kava by itself could cause pain like that. Gas maybe but not liver pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted User01

Well...I know where my liver is...and I know what pain is...
I hear ya man. It's no laughing matter. I'm just thinking out loud trying to figure out what the heck could be in that kava to trigger that kind of pain. Please keep us posted.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
It sucks but you can't worry yourself too much about this, a lot of us had some dubious kava purchases when first coming around to trying it. That's what's so great about this site there are volumes of information and personal experiences to glean from. I bought some not so great kava and made the most disgusting milkshake before understanding the simple process of straining into water and, as a result, started reaping the benefits of kava with little to no side effects (side effects really only being dry skin/dermatitis). Don't forget to drink lots of water! I'm carrying around a 1.5L smartwater bottle day to day now.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Why is this in the acetone subforum? People really should know about this. The spectroscopic identification of chlorophyll, which is what we are talking about here, is not controversial or experimental.

kavayo

Kava Enthusiast
This has happened a few times with K@ users. They were literally blocking their GI tract with large amounts of dry plant powder. They did report literally massage them out by hand and feeling it pass through when they got it through a "tipping point" of sorts. Do what everyone else is saying and stick to reputable stuff only. Also remember those capsules do dissolve and all that matter has to go somewhere - which can be dangerous. Good luck!