What's new

Kava Candy Krunked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bert07

Me like da kava
I know the intended sole purpose for these kava candies are for taking a slight to moderate edge off from taking an average dose (say around 2 or 4 candies), but what if one were to take say around an entire pack (8) all at once or even more (1.5-2 packs maybe)? Do you think it would be possible to achieve the same desired 'krunkness' effect similar to drinking a few shells of grog? Has anyone ever tried doing this? If not, I'm interested in testing this out myself just for the sake of it, regardless of whether or not it would be cost efficient--which for the most part I know it wouldn't be.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I remember some people on the old forum taking like 3 or 4 and enjoying it but I can't remember how they equated it to shells. I'd be interested in hearing what you get out of your experimentation. I think I'm gonna buy some soon to take when I finish my night's kava but could still use a little more...cuz by then i'm too lazy to squeeze some fresh stuff.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Bert07 - lol, yes please try it and let us know. Not sure if you can dissolve 8 pieces all at once but it would be good fun. The most I have taken at once is 4 (two in each cheek) and I was feeling pretty good ~ it is a "different" feeling as the sublingual absorption is going to be different than through the gut.

infraredz

BULA!
Bert07 - lol, yes please try it and let us know. Not sure if you can dissolve 8 pieces all at once but it would be good fun. The most I have taken at once is 4 (two in each cheek) and I was feeling pretty good ~ it is a "different" feeling as the sublingual absorption is going to be different than through the gut.
Yeah, you've definitely got the benefit of bypassing 1st pass metabolism. Now I'm actually really interested in the potential of this ;)

Bert07

Me like da kava
When the time is right, I'll test these waters out--starting with a pack and working my way up.

Steve, who knows after all of this you might end up renaming it "Krunk candy".

Crunked

Proselytizer
Just a cautionary word, kava lovers. I applaud Steve for making Kava Candy sugar free. However, the sugar replacement used is sorbitol, a sugar alcohol (which is neither sugar nor alcohol, but that is off topic). Unless you know your tolerance to sorbitol, taking a lot of kava candy could have gastric consequences (gas, diarrhoea). Everyone is different as far as tolerance goes.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Crunked - agreed :) Some of the sugar substitutes are designed for formulation reasons but anything in excess could come back to get you. Just last night, I ate too much Halloween candy (I love those extreme sour warheads)...ugh, I felt so sick and literally my teeth were not in good form. I over did it! Yes, this morning my stomach is not quite right to say the least. I guess I had my fill.

Bert07

Me like da kava
That's a good point there Crunked. Initially I considered something like this in the back of my mind, but then I pushed it aside figuring these little candies are nothing but harmless. Of course small/average quantities are of no concern but the larger ones I should really look more into, particularly consuming loads of sorbitol as you said.

Kyle R

FYI: Steve is awesome. I had a few questions and he called me back right away. He really seems to know his stuff and was happy to share. I'm loving the candy so far. Nice numby mouth but not over bearing. I'm on #4 right now (bout 30 min apart from each other) and i have no anxiety, stress or anything like that. Even a nice fuzziness. This is my first time trying Kava so my guess i have to build my reverse tolerance for 1-2 to hit me but so far I'm a huge fan. I'll keep you guys posted.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
@Kyle R - great talking with you this morning and really glad the kava candy seems to be working for you. Let us know how it goes in the next weeks. ~Aloha

Kyle R

Ok so I like the taste so damn much I look down and realize i've eaten six...oops? NOPE. I feel great. Not out of it just warm and fuzzy with joyful undertones. It's nice. Really surprised how good it is! Anyone complaining is not giving it a fair shake in my opinion. Maybe the formula change since the last batch seriously worked? Got me Steve. Im just enjoying. 5 stars, 4 four leaf clovers, & 8 red ballons.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I love the candies. I need to retract what I said about using sugar instead of sorbitol. I actually like that my teeth are clean after eating them. Sugar alcohols are good for the teeth, I believe.

Is there bulk pricing, @Steve

Kyle R

I've been told I have a strong stomach but I don't understand what all the fuss is about with sorbitol. I've had plenty of them and not had any stomach issues. in fact I'm a little chubby and the truth is is I find myself eating less since I've started using kava. I got my first half a pound of Triple A grade kava from Fuji kava. I'll talk about the kava experience in another thread but I definitely feel a boost after a couple shells and then eat the candy. Anyone try the AAA venatu Kava from Fuji kava?
@Steve Mariotti There is always going to be a balance between the sweeteners used, cost, taste, manufacturing issue but yes, I think the sorbitol is not too bad of a tradeoff at this point and I can eat a lot and not pack on the calories..lol. Here are some bulk deals but you folks on the forum really get the best deal all the time with $29.99 per case :)

Kava Candy 2 cases
amazon deal

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Re: the topic of this thread, I at 10 candies last night over the course of about four hours, and it totally laid me out on the couch. I fell into a super deep restful sleep right after the 9th and 10th candies and got 10 solid hours of sleep until the next morning. I haven't slept that hard for a while. Depending on what you're looking for, that might not be your desired result, but damn, did those candies put me down!

draight

Even with just a single candy I feel really dehydrated in the morning and notice discolored pee. As a newer Kava user I wasn't sure if this was just something common to all kava.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
With the candies you still have to drink water like a mad moose, just like with shells. Think of each candy as a small shell and there you go. I learned this lesson with wracking headaches in the middle of the night and rolled around in agony for hours. :)

draight

Steve - thanks. I forgot about the water factor. I'll try it next time, I just bought and recieved my case of candies. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.