What's new

Powdered Kava Review Tongan Pride kava

50ShadesOfKava

Official Kava Muppet
So this is one of my favorite kava's so far. No euporia, but pleanty of relaxation, and the taste is actually fairly light and not too bitter. I had heard rumors on the forums that this was the same as Kavaboy's kava, but I talked to kavaboy and Rex does get some stuff from them, but he must either mix or do something else, cause kavaboy's effects arent the same (Im still experementing with kavaboy). As far as helping me wind down and eventually get some sleep after a busy work day / busy day at home with 2 2 and under, this one is great. It is remenescent for me of GHK's Nene, but a little more balanced and fun. The stimulation level is low with this kava, but the chill factor is pretty high. I dig it, and hope rex keeps it consistant in future orders. Also the price is great @$33/lb. I can almos sleep off it, and thats pretty good for a chronic insomniac.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Interesting review, because the last time i tried tongan pride, it was rather heady and energizing. Perhaps it changed ?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I've talked to Rex before and he told me he occasionally gets a different Tongan kava...i think it's when he gets the 'uli 'uli (black) one, it has a little more sedation to it.

50ShadesOfKava

Official Kava Muppet
Kava strains may also work a little differently on me. For example, I dont find kava boy particularly enjoyable unless i add a little borongu to it. Borongu is really heady for me, as is moi, but Maheka (sp?) is not particualrly heady for me. For whatever reason, this one is just pleasant and chill.

IslandLeaf

Kava Curious
So this is one of my favorite kava's so far. No euporia, but pleanty of relaxation, and the taste is actually fairly light and not too bitter. I had heard rumors on the forums that this was the same as Kavaboy's kava, but I talked to kavaboy and Rex does get some stuff from them, but he must either mix or do something else, cause kavaboy's effects arent the same (Im still experementing with kavaboy). As far as helping me wind down and eventually get some sleep after a busy work day / busy day at home with 2 2 and under, this one is great. It is remenescent for me of GHK's Nene, but a little more balanced and fun. The stimulation level is low with this kava, but the chill factor is pretty high. I dig it, and hope rex keeps it consistant in future orders. Also the price is great @$33/lb. I can almos sleep off it, and thats pretty good for a chronic insomniac.
Been wanting to try this one for awhile. I have tried many kavas but when you say this one has no euphoria what exactly do you consider euphoria to be? The body buzz?

I have a hard time picking apart the different subtleties in kava at times so I am just curious.

Glad you liked this one. I gotta give it a try. $33/lb is pretty good.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
When I tried this many months ago (only a sample) it was a VERY strong body feeling, made me a little nauseous but overall more krunked than I wanted to be while at the library. My pound should be here any day now, I wonder if it is still so krunky.

50ShadesOfKava

Official Kava Muppet
Some of the kava strains will give me a euphoric feeling, like I have to sit down and just enjoy the rush of happiness. Its generally fairly short lived (i.e. 20 minutes), and I've had trouble getting routine consistant results, but my best results have been with moi, borongu and ironically the mystery stuff in regular kona kava farms's instant drinks. These tend to be heady kavas for me, and somewhat stimulating rather than sleep inducing, so fun on a friday, but not a good daily. I think I am finding that the more I use kava, the more homogenous they are becoming. Recently moi and boroungo have just made me feel krunk and tired rather than euphoric. Been using daily for 5 monts strong now though. Just got 4 lbs of the tongan though, definitely miss it when I am out. This is and kava king are becoming my sleep maintenance & wind down kavas, the others are more for fun. Id be curious to hear your resluts.