What's new

Hi Kavaheads!

Kavo

Curandero
G'day all,long time lurker and just joined today(after a HDD failure last week when I was about to join:arghh:)

Anyways having had some good Kava many years ago, I decided to see if there were any decent Forums out there and I must say YOU GUYS ROCK!
The camaraderie here is awesome and shows how sociable the Root really is (y)
I'm no stranger to Forums by any stretch and spent many years on an Ethnobotany site that started to get way too political and stuck up,much like the E-Cig Forums I'm a member of. Suffice to say I don't frequent them anymore for this reason.
I've been reading some threads especially the Benzo Withdrawal one's (still reading but I just sent Roaddog a PM) and of course the E-Cig one.
I'm also on the Valium Withdrawal path and have been Vaping since 2011. Throughout the withdrawal,I was initially a HUGE beer drinker as tolerance built with Xanax. Over the years after switching to the equivalent dose in Valium,I've been brewing my own beer and also reducing the strength and intake(not optimal but I'm still kickin' ;))
I'm now down to 15mg a day from 120mg and drinking 2% brew at night but it all has to stop soon so I can clear the last of the Pharma poison out.
The laws here are ridiculous as you would know,so not sure what options I have but I put in an order @Kavacandy last week so shall see how that goes.
I would really like to have something to take the edge off during this last leg and the Alc is just another addictive toxin(plus I soooo miss having a few shells:()
Anyhow,thanks for having me aboard and I'm really looking forward to getting to know you guys and gals.
Kudos on such a great Community!

Cheers,
Kavo

D

Deleted User01

@Kavo, welcome to the forum! ::awesomesmiles:: I am also a home brewer. But now my brew has to take turns with my kava days so I don't brew nearly as much anymore. In fact, I drink way less beer on the days when I do imbide. This is a good thing. I'm also looking for ways to tone down the alcohol without sacrificing taste. I did an IPA LAGER a few months back that really hits the spot. I do all grain so let me know if you come up with any winning recipes.

P.S. I can barely stand the taste of the Belgian Tripel we made, my son likes it. Too damn strong for me anymore so I know I'm on the right path.

Kavo

Curandero
Thanks very much for the warm welcome guys!
@Kapmcrunk Really happy to be here mate,you have done an excellent job with this Forum so thanks(y)
@Deleted User01 LOL...I never really got into the whole grain thing, though I was heading that way before the Quack got me hooked on the Pharma crud. I brew Coopers' Pale Ale and have for ummm....shit around 20 years now! Although I have brewed many other styles like Cerveza(with Chilli hehe),a few Lagers,Dark Stouts,Blonde's and more. I just kept going back to the Pale Ale. Yes it's just simple Beer Kits but I found esp. with the Coopers', if I kept the temp around 28'C that it still had full flavour/mouthfeel at half the Brew Enhancer. From there I just kept reducing the fermentable's. I think I'm more addicted to the malty taste and the ritual than the Alc. ;)
@Steve Mariotti Thanks mate,ANY questions and I'll certainly have a yack with ya :happy: