What's new

Powdered Kava Review Nene

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
@globalkavaexports generously provided me with a sample of the new kava he is carrying: Nene. I've rerad before that this is a pretty sedative one, so i have been warned. I took one heaped tablespoon as a precaution, and did not drink much of the sediment. Despite the small amount of kava, it was surprisingly strong. But first things first:

The milky white Kava tasted pretty bitter and more piney. Even though i would classify this as a "bitter" kava, the strength of the bitterness didn't rivak say malekula magic which makes me shiver in disgust if i drink it with sediment. Nene also had this "paint stripper finish" (phrase borrowed by the kavasseur) which didn't make it a very pleasant drink.

As for effects, i had read that it is good for sleeping. I was pretty agitated that night and thought it would be a perfect time for a test. After the first few minutes, i felt it coming on, after 15 minutes i felt a heavy stoning effect and thought it would be a good time to go to bed. In bed, i noticed that this kava does not have much psychological effects so i felt still agitated in my mind, but my body felt pasted to the bed. So i would not say it helps you sleep, if your thoughts are racing - but what really helps in this case? Nothing! Nene felt more like the result of a heavy, tiring workout.

Nene is good at what it does. Once again, i've been surprised at how different kavas can be! This one was purely sedating/stoning but not in the buzzy way malekula magic makes you wanna sit under a tree. I'd recommend nene for light sleepers or anyone who wants to get a good night sleep without waking up, disturbances etc. It is rare for me to sleep through the night, but nene makes that a possibility. Might also be great if your body needs sleep e.g during a cold, and you would want to sleep as long as possible. It would be perfect if this would be available as an extract with a heavy dose of lemon balm mixed in. That would be the ultimate sleeping aid i believe.

Nene - A special needs kava. But good stuff.

D

Deleted User01

Good review Yiki. I end every Kava session with a tablespoon of micronized Nene to make sure I get that deep sleep. And it's a deep sleep with no side effects the next day. Special needs kava that I use almost daily.

R

Rookietwoshoes

Nene was hypnotic but made me want to play a few rounds of hold'em instead of going to sleep. The instant is a lot headier than what what most imagine it to normally be.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Chris sent me a micro Nene sample, and I'm sold. It's the perfect nightcap at the end of a session. It also seems to make my sleep more effective, and my body heals overnight from rough days at work, when Nene is consumed. Also, Nene rounds out the edginess I get from heady varieties. Makes it a wonderfully well rounded experience

Kimmer

Patently irritable
@Rookietwoshoes I get the same thing from Nene instant. Except maybe for the hold'em (see Steve's note above). :) I have some of the micro on order and maybe I'll get my lead blanket.