What's new

Great kava on a budget?

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I was just introduced to the existence of Best Fiji Kava tonight and I was wondering if there were any other "discount" vendors who produce good clean noble kava at half the cost of the top shelf stuff I've been enjoying so much lately.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
When I first tried Best Fiji kava, it was not that good, there supply seems to be inconsistent, sometimes they got the good stuff and sometimes they do not. I had the not good product more times than I had the good product so I stopped buying from them. I am glad that you got them when they have a good kava. (y)
Aloha.

Chris

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
Not sure if it's noble, but I started out on the Wakacon Waka. Pretty good stuff, just isn't too potent. Nothing like dat GHK Mo'i *drool*

D

Deleted User01

@Steve Mariotti , find me some budget Micronized that is like the Moi from GHK and I'm in. Oh, and it has to be noble with no makas. I ain't asking for much, am I? :rolleyes: Now I know not everyone can do Micronized because of IBS and other stuff but I always thought that Micronized Kava gave me the most bank for the bucks. You ain't wasting anything. It is all in your dummy dissolving into Kavalactones. It's part of my high fiber diet. :LOL:

blindy107

Kava Lover
DAYUM! i have gone through about 4 lbs of wakacon waka and lawena both with nothing like that. i wouldn't say it's weak but its far from potent...

D

Deleted User01

I'll bet that guy that went wacky thought he got poisoned. If I were him, I would never touch kava again. Either that or he forgot to mention the half bottle of scotch he drank before the kava. :D

50ShadesOfKava

Official Kava Muppet
Have you tried Kava by rex? I tried their tongan pride and find it mellowing. Not as good as GHK's Nene, but the closest Ive found so far. Their Vanuatu3 is more stimulating. So far my 2 favorites are GHK's Moi and Nene. Kona Kava Plus isnt bad either, and in the same price range as rex.

blindy107

Kava Lover
@ShannyinSobriety it's a Tongan root. Mostly heady but mild. They own the farm in tonga and sell out of Hawaii. The daughter, Sarah, of @KavaBoy Hawaii posts here on occasion. It's the easiest drinking kava that I have ever had. Light taste and smooth sippin'! I think they supply the Tongan to KBR but I could be mistaken.

Great root and great price. If you look in their sub forum in vendor area I think Sarah said they are running a promo currently!

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
I'll bet that guy that went wacky thought he got poisoned. If I were him, I would never touch kava again. Either that or he forgot to mention the half bottle of scotch he drank before the kava. :D
I bet Marshall was cussing Wakacon the next day saying something like "that goddam Wakacon shit almost F'in killed me!!!"
If I had slammed a few shells w/ him & witnessed him dropping like that they would have made extra space for me in the ambulance as I would have been laughing me ass off.
I guess this he won't be buying this then?
> Amazon product

Last edited: