What's new

Powdered Kava Review Ahouia (Kaolik) Tanna Island

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
This kava tastes and smells inoffensive. 'Ahouia' means yellow and it did indeed leave a yellow resin on the ziploc bag I made it in. It's a nice and potent heady kava. 1/2 cup of this had me feeling very nice.

Finally I thought I would add some notes about Noble Kava since there are no reviews yet:
- Apparently you can specify what grind you want. I thought the default grind was just perfect, myself.
- Shipping was nice and fast.
- Basically no complaints here. I recommend buying from them.

Last edited by a moderator:

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I think I ordered it once or twice after that, but the prices were a little high. Good stuff.

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
I Just bought some of this as it was the only one that was left. Reputable vendor mentioned on another site, US with an EU arm. Anyway it's coming tomorrow. 0.5kilo. I am really disappointed that you didn't find the sedative/muscle relaxant very affective. I've ordered powdered root - would you advise I use 40grams which is what the vendor advised? Don't want to throw up if possible. Thans

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
40 grams is a good starting point. Have you had powdered root before? It is quite easy to avoid nausea or barfing. Take a look at some of the prep methods and info on here.

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
I have tried it a few times over the past 3/4 weeks but from vendors on ebay - not good. Got this through the older version of this forum who had some in the UK. Sometimes it effects me and sometimes I feel nothing - I've used Yogi tea bags which again sometime knock me out and then like yesterday I took lots of the stuff with no effect. I use Ginger tea to avoid nausea in the morning but will look for prep methods and info here. Thanks for taking the time to respond, appreciate it.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
So have you been using this? I haven't had it in a good long while, but VKS is generally solid. Once you figure out the prep, you should get effects each and every time. If you have been using this, how are you preparing it?

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
I haven't used this strain if that's the right word. I bought something just called Kava Kava in powdered form from ebay here in the UK, guy said he thought it was from Fiji - should have clocked it wasn't safe to go ahead but I did. I blended in my blender for about 2/3 mins then strained and put in fridge then tried to drink in a small bowl. Maybe I haven't been drinking enough or maybe it's just not even Kava. I'm really pleased you say I'll feel the effect with my new lot coming tomorrow

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Okay. There's some sketchy stuff on ebay for sure. I recommend kneading the kaolik for 5-10 minutes in the strainer and then drinking that. It'll most likely do the trick. I'd start with 4 tablespoons and just bump it up by 2 tbsp as necessary.

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
Okay. There's some sketchy stuff on ebay for sure. I recommend kneading the kaolik for 5-10 minutes in the strainer and then drinking that. It'll most likely do the trick. I'd start with 4 tablespoons and just bump it up by 2 tbsp as necessary.
Thanks I ll try that tomorrow.