What's new

Kava Vaping/Smoking Review Deep Awa

50ShadesOfKava

Official Kava Muppet
So I ordered a bottle of Noble Clouds Awa (blue bottle), and wanted to post my review.
This is supposed to be their strongest bottle, which I thought would be appropriate to start with, and let me say, it does NOT disappoint. I'll definitely be ordering more! Its mixed with lavender and valerian root extract, which adds to the relaxation effects.
Taste: The taste is very much of lavender… That being most pronounced. Having vaped lavender flavor a lot before, It is similar but there is definitely some other tastes in there, though less pronounced. I would not in any way consider the taste unpleasant. That being said, I (like a dumbass) also tried a few drops of the liquid orally under the tongue. Whole mouth went numb, and the lavender flavor is far more pronounced. I wouldn’t recommend doing this for taste as its not intended to be used this way. Very very strong of lavander.
The liquid: Very viscus, yellow, cloudy with what appears to be crystals in it. Very different from the standard liquids I am use to. I would recommend dedicating a cartonomizer / clearonomizer / tank to it for this reason. Also, you likely wont be going through it all that fast, as a little goes a long way.
Effects 1: Last night I had a few puffs after being a little heavy handed with some waka, and found
it enhanced the heady experience a bit, though the effect was short lived, but I could also feel it relaxing my legs further (presumably from the valerian root). This was right before bed. It is definitely pleasant for this purpose. This was 3-4 hits held as long as possible to allow the vapor to settle. No respiratory unpleasantries noted.
Effects 2: During the day, pre kava kava - a few hits (again holding so the vapor allowed to settle) produces a mildly relaxing sensation and slight elevation in mood. I would have no problems with this for use at work, or in other settings where you want to take the edge off, but don’t want a full heavy kava kava experience. I wouldn’t be puffing heavy on this all day, but here and there, makes it quite nice.
Effects 3: Sublingually (hey, I ran out of kava). The effects were best described as “weee”. Not too heady, not to heavy, rather balanced, and pleasant. This is strong stuff, and rather stimulating at this dosage. A little goes a long way, and I wouldn’t go nuts with this stuff in this way.
Conclusion – a nice, relaxing way to have kava throughout the day, or add a little to the evening. Will be ordering again. Two thumbs way up.

Ordered Feb 11, and it arrived Feb 14 (TN to WV).
Note, they have 3 flavors at 3 strengths. This was the blue “DEEP awa” and the strongest. The others are mixed with other herbs, which also sounds pleasant for their respective applications. My intent was to gage strength and relaxation qualities. Deep Awa delivers there.
Equipment: Any variable voltage battery will work nicely. I personally am a fan of Apollo mostly due to their warranty, though I also like “the itaste vv4”. But a simple ego twist will do nicely. I was going around 6-7 watts as I didn’t want too much heat. This seemed sufficient for me. As far as tanks / clearonomizers / cartonomizers (thingy that holds liquid and makes vaper). I am using an “H2” straight from china I got for 2 bucks. This was pre “broken in” on nicotine liquid (some have a funky taste until broken in). But any cheap CE4 type should do. No need to invest in crazy tanks and batteries, especially if your only purpose is kava. Everyone seems to have their own preferences on equipment though. I’ve been fooling with e-cigs for about 4 years now, and like cheap, convenient equipment. I seem to destroy batteries though.

Last edited by a moderator:

50ShadesOfKava

Official Kava Muppet
Any cheap vv (Variable voltage / variable wattage) battery. Ego Twists are probably the cheapest. I like pass throughs as they charge off standard usb ports and you can use them as you charge. As far as tanks, a CE4 or H2 are both good cheap options. You basically toss the tanks when they quit working well / get clogged (though you can change the h2 innards). I order mine straight from china on DH gate for around 1-2 bucks a piece. But there are "nicer" options. You can pretty much spend as much as you want. Apollo e-cigs seem to have the best warranty around, and theoretically made in the good ol US of A, which I try to make a preference whenever possible. I tend to destroy batterys though (either buttons wear out, or they break and short out). You can go with non-variable voltage batteries, but you cant "fine tune" them for whatever liquid you happen to be using. Start low and work your way up. Happy Vaping!

For my test with this product which was awesome, I used H2 and an apollo valliant VV. Here is a 15% off coupon for apollo that gives me kick back :) http://go.referralcandy.com/share/GLH62HX They have the ce4s, ce5's and h2's for $4 - $5. The apollo valiant is $40, and is charged through a mini usb and can be used when charging (aka pass through). They also have the "luminous twist" for $20 but you'd have to get a special charger. I've been using e-cigs for at least 4 years now, and have gone through lots of different equipment, so let me know if you have questions.

R

Rookietwoshoes

Yeah, let's hear more about your overall experience and how vaping kava actually feels ...

50ShadesOfKava

Official Kava Muppet
The stuff makes you feel like your sitting on a quite beach on a warm day watching seaguls and dolphins go by. Very mellowing.

Tikigod33

Kava Curious
I just ordered some and I have a question. After PM'ing the owner of Noble Clouds, i've learned about 9-10watts is a good place to vape this eLiquid. Also, its VG, so it's really thick. Anyone have any experienced using an Aspire Nautilus tank? I use a high wattage box mod (IPV3) and I have a mech mod so Im going to have to go back to My Provari with the Nautilus tank I'm guessing. I'm just worried that since its so thick, I might have issues getting a good vape?

50ShadesOfKava

Official Kava Muppet
Its liquid, so it will climb the filament / wick. Im not familiar with the tank you mentioned, but if its got a standard cotton like wick it should work fine. I thinned mine out a pinch with some regular jice, but I suspect it should work fine as is. Your likely not going to chain vape, so that should allow the thicker liquid to climb the wick. I also havent hit it hard enough to see how fast it cloggs the wick. A VV / VW battery will allow you to fine tune the vapor, but the mechanical will still make "hot" you just wont be able to tune it to get a cooler or dryer vape. I ususally start low and increase the wattage till I find the best cloud production without a dry / burnt taste. My theory with a lower wattage was to get a decent drag without too much heat as I didnt want to worry about baking off / distorting the kava goodness. Enjoy!