What's new

Powdered Kava Review Tanna Kaolik

Mesh

Kava Curious
I haven't tried many kavas, but I had to do a review of this one because it gives the effects I've been looking for, for some time now.
So, first things first. Opening the bag I smelt a hint of pepper in the air, which was pleasing to the nose. The color of the Kaolik is a light tan (picture a tad lighter than caffe latte), with the brew being the same.

It's hard for me to comment on the taste of this kava, simply because a lot of things that people would normally spit out I actually think taste ok. lol. So, as I drank, my tongue became numb almost instantly. The taste was light and had a very slight bitterness which increased ever so slightly as it hit the back of my tongue.

It gave me a slow and very smooth come up. Hit after about 15min and could feel it peaking around 35min. It feels as if the music I am listening to is actually emanating from my head and my mind is floating through it. It's almost as if the kava itself is experiencing the music through me. I feel as though my worries are being carried away by the music. Very enjoyable.

I'm now on my 3rd shell. I feel relaxed and especially chill but energetic at the same time. I could get up in a moments time and put my work face on.

All in all a big thumbs up, if you need a good day time kava I recommend you try tanna kaolik from GKE.

D

Deleted User01

Great review! The guys at GKE are doing a standup job of bringing Noble kava to your dinner table. (In lieu of Dinner). :D

Mesh

Kava Curious
Thanks guys, @yiki you actually played a part in my ordering of Kaolik. Read your review a couple weeks ago and thought; "hmm.. that sounds like the type of kava I've been looking for". So thanks for that. haha

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
Good review. I just received mine today in a Vanuatu Sample Pack from GKE and chose this as my first of the pack based on your review.
It does smell nice, peppery with a hint of flowers?
I used about 0,5 l water and 1dl coconut milk.
Very smooth, actually tastes like a watered down bailey's.
Hehe.
Thank you for the review!
I'll post my own review later.