What's new

Feels like the Earth's Rotation has slowed: Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

drifter308

Kava Curious
First Impression:
Just tried Stone for the first time tonight. After the Tongan, and Kalm's Borongoru, which don't get me wrong, I liked, the stone is like a kick in the head. The taste is actually pretty good comparatively; I did not like the woody taste of the Tongan but the Stone has a nice slightly piquant peppery taste that I find preferable, though a lot of that could just be due to the immediate numbing effect.
Effects:
It's really potent, and though I'm not couch-locked, I don't really feel like going out either. For perspective, I've been typing these three sentences for the past half hour and wish I had some Venture Bros, or Archer to watch, or someone to babble inebriated philosophy with or play something really simple that doesn't require much motor coordination {^_^}. I feel like saying Bula! but also that it might be disingenuous; I use hot water, coconut milk, lecithin and a magic bullet to blend up my Kava then use a nylon strainer and drink out of a lowballer after it cools in the freezer for a while. I also tend to make enough for a day or two in advance. (Sorry purists, I just find I get more mileage out of my Kava if I do it that way)
Final Thoughts:
I'll definitely order more at some point, and it might make its way onto the list of Kava I always want on hand, but since there was a USPS mix-up that delayed my package I went ahead and ordered some of the GHK Mahakea, I'm looking forward to sharing my experience with that when it gets here {^_^}.

drifter308

Kava Curious
I've tried GHK's Mahakea and Nene, both varieties that Kalm offer, and the Tongan from Nakamal at home, (in fact I'm working my way through a bag of Mahakea, but the mild nearly flavorless woody taste that seems to hang around in your mouth forever just isn't for me upon repeated use) and the Stone is my favorite by far. It's got a strong flavor, but doesn't leave that lingering aftertaste that I've noticed with a lot of the others I've had. I'm going to finish off the rest of the varieties I have on hand, and then I'm ordering more Stone. The one area where I think another variety beats out Stone is the next day effects I get with Mahakea, or lack thereof rather. I don't get a hangover with the Mahakea and I don't have to chug water all night to avoid it like I do with just about every other strain.

Status
Not open for further replies.