What's new

How is my new kava grind???

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask all of you that have had my micronized and instant kava in the past to let me know if they have noticed my change in grind.
The micronized is a lot finer than it used to be and the instant is also finer.
Have any of you noticed the difference? And how do you like the difference? Any input would be great. Aloha nui loa.

Chris

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Instant, not a thing, which is more or less what I'd expect since it should mostly dissolve.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Instant, not a thing, which is more or less what I'd expect since it should mostly dissolve.
My instant used to be micronized to 100 microns and less and now it is 75 microns or less. I know it is not a lot but I like it better because it is smoother and easy to prepare. (y)
Aloha.

Chris

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I didn't have a chance to try your older instant, but the one you sell at the moment is beyond amazing. The finest, smoothest and most powerful instant I've ever had.

The micronized kavas remain very potent (or perhaps are now slightly more potent?), but they do indeed seem to be finer/less gritty and easier to drink. It's difficult to give a precise comparison as I would need to try both types on the same day, but I am certainly very happy with my new micronized kavas.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted User01

I drink mostly micronized and I did notice the Hawaiian Grind was finer. The instant is may be finer but I think it is also stronger and that's what I noticed.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Thanks all for your input, I am glad your able to notice the difference, I wanted to make a better product and it looks like I did.
More input please it others wanted to add there opinion. Thanks again every one.
Aloha.

Chris
Ok I have to agree with @shakas as usual.... The lighter micro grind is amazing. No persistent throat scratching. Great effect. This is the first time I've ever noticed the effects of moi and I'm impressed! Had 2tbsp in water on my way to try on tuxes for my wedding. Made it much less boring...since I'm not in charge of that at all. Hah

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Ok I have to agree with @shakas as usual.... The lighter micro grind is amazing. No persistent throat scratching. Great effect. This is the first time I've ever noticed the effects of moi and I'm impressed! Had 2tbsp in water on my way to try on tuxes for my wedding. Made it much less boring...since I'm not in charge of that at all. Hah
Kava: For dudes who have been kidnapped at gunpoint by their wives/fiancees/girlfriends.

starscolliding

Kava Curious
I do find the new Micronized easier to drink. The old one, while certainly it had a median particle size, had a certain amount of larger particles. The new one seems more consistent, and getting rid of the large pieces is great. I had a pretty hard time with the old one, and am doing great with the new one.

That said, and previously I had done very good with Moi and pretty good with Opihikao, and currently am doing great with Mahakea, but I also tried the Boruguru, which I thought would be like Fire Island from NAH, which is my instant reference since I understand that it is Boruguru as well. But the Boruguru Micro from GHK actually did not do anything. It was very particular in that I got no effects at all. Have you tried it recently and had an effect? It could just be me. Also, I did do it several times sporadically, and then for 4 days consecutively, because while I'm not sure I think there might be a light reverse tolerance to different strains, not just Kava in general.

rcvjohn

Kava Curious
question... how does the instant compare with standard powdered root? For example, your 200 g of moi, how much would you use of that in comparison with a person with a 3-4 tbsp a day ritual?

R

Rookietwoshoes

Most people start with teaspoons when dealing with instant. You'll generally be feeling pretty good effects with a tablespoon.

R

Rookietwoshoes

Probably powdered. For two reasons: You can easily go overboard with the instant because it feels and tastes more like fresh kava so it's easy to go through it faster. Furthermore, one can get very spoiled and not want to prepare medium grind anymore because it starts to feel like a hassle - which ultimately makes kava drinking more expensive if you are only buying instant. Most of the guys think you get the best bang for your buck with micronized but I personally don't like drinking micronized due to its impact on the lower GI.

blindy107

Kava Lover
I may have asked already @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava , but is the medium grind new as well? My last bag of mahakea had some rootlet sized chunks in it. Which I don't mind as I love to chew them but it was much more varied in grind size this time.