What's new

New 11 Year Waka (Micronized)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulaar

Kava Curious
Thanks for the info, I'll give it another go to see how it treats me. Could have been somewhat related to dehydration...
Would suck to have a half pound that left me feeling like that though...

R

Rookietwoshoes

You guys encounter any type of kava hangover with the 11yo micro waka? I tried some for the first time a couple of days ago and felt poorly for a couple of days afterwards.
I haven't been able to finish mine for that exact reason. It's a shame given how expensive it is.

D

Deleted User01

I'm sorry you guys had bad effects. You may be able to sell it to someone here on the forum. There are those that like it and those that don't.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
It's crazy how some people love it, have no day after effects and never feel nauseous, and others get the exact opposite.

Can I ask, those of you that have had bad effects. how much of the powder you've been using?

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
It's crazy how some people love it, have no day after effects and never feel nauseous, and others get the exact opposite.

Can I ask, those of you that have had bad effects. how much of the powder you've been using?
I think it is kind of like other things, like food. Some like it and some do not. Some can take the stronger kavalactones and some can not. The ones that can not are the ones that get bad effects and that is not good. I would feel bad if my kava gave someone bad effects.
I am also sorry to hear that this kava did not work for you and that you still have some left over. Maybe you can offer it for sale here on the forums, there are those that like it. Aloha.

Chris

D

Deleted User01

The Kava is micronized and may or may not have Macas in it. I would ask the good members if other Micronized Kavas gave them any troubles because we know some of the members have a sensitivity to micronized. Not me, 80 percent of my intake is good clean macaless Kava. And wipe that smirk off your face Chris. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
It's a strong kava, and micro isn't for everyone. Sometimes even strong nobles can carry into the next day. If it's a true hangover feeling, I suggest less kava and more water. There's a good chance it's simply dehydration. In the end, as Deleted User01 says, different people are affected in different ways. I've seen people barf from the nobleist of nobles in Vanuatu, and people stay peppy and alert after drinking known potent tudei. This particular kava is crazy popular and 9 reviews out of 10 are very positive. It's all about finding what works for you. We have a wide range of products for this exact reason. If this particular kava continues to not do it for you, shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll make sure we hook you up to find one that will.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
I really disliked the first Micronized kava I drank, but it was adulterated with maltodextrin, fructose, stevia, etc. Basically, it was kava for waetman that was designed to taste like chocolate or berries and came in Nestle Quick tins. The price was right, though... bought it as a went-out-of-business sale item. Now that the company is back in business, I bought enough to have free shipping - MISTAKE.

I think old kava plants might have something special about them, so I'm willing to try.

ulaar

Kava Curious
It's crazy how some people love it, have no day after effects and never feel nauseous, and others get the exact opposite. Can I ask, those of you that have had bad effects. how much of the powder you've been using?
I used 1 TBSP in 4oz of water strained (gently pressed) through a coffee filter, followed up by a half TBSP about a hour later that wasn't strained (couldn't be bothered, it is really difficult to strain something this fine, so I consumed everything but the sludge at bottom). I really enjoyed the effects that lasted about 3hrs. Immediately afterwards I felt a very calm, clear-headedness. The next am was when I felt the hangover; work was a bummer...

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I used 1 TBSP in 4oz of water strained (gently pressed) through a coffee filter, followed up by a half TBSP about a hour later that wasn't strained (couldn't be bothered, it is really difficult to strain something this fine, so I consumed everything but the sludge at bottom). I really enjoyed the effects that lasted about 3hrs. Immediately afterwards I felt a very calm, clear-headedness. The next am was when I felt the hangover; work was a bummer...
that's a very small dose, and micronized isn't even meant to be strained, that would just make it unnecessarily weaker.
have you tried other kavas, do they work well for you ? you might have a personal inability to processes kava properly, or maybe certain kinds.
I personally believe we could drink 1tbsp of the gnarliest wild piper wichmanii, and not experience much.

ulaar

Kava Curious
that's a very small dose, and micronized isn't even meant to be strained, that would just make it unnecessarily weaker.
have you tried other kavas, do they work well for you ? you might have a personal inability to processes kava properly, or maybe certain kinds.
I personally believe we could drink 1tbsp of the gnarliest wild piper wichmanii, and not experience much.
Ha Ha well I've certainly been pegged as a lightweight in other situations (college in Humboldt Co. for instance) but the doseage and filtering was based on recommendations from this forum and from BKH (doseage only). This was my first experience but will give it a follow-up go this week to see if it is repeatable. I'm hoping it is related to reverse tolerance or dehydration ( but am doubting dehydration based on effects)...

Fingers crossed!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I think I hear a potential Lab Rat... :D
I'll be your Papua New Guinea Pig.
Open the secret vault Deleted User, unleash the hermetically sealed Wichmanii container and I will sample it once in my life.
Maybe I'll enjoy it and start saying the recommendations against drinking it are just an unfounded witch(manii) hunt. :smuggrin:

D

Deleted User01

@Deleted User, is that a new art form? Those leaves and stems look like they are in the shape of an elephant. It's either that or I'm having Flashbacks. Either way, kewl ....

D

Deleted User01

Did I tell you I got some nice black Ace-otonic Gloves for Christmas. Yeah, the kind that OJ used to wear. Hmm,:hungry: this Mahakea Instant makes me think I'm funny. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.