What's new

Kava Beverage Review Kalm with Kava Relaxation Drink

spacegirlelt

Daydreamer
At first, I was a little apprehensive about trying this product, I admit, but extremely eager. As soon as I got the product in the mail, I was really excited to try one of these. At around 8 at night eastern or so, I decided that the perfect time to try one of these products would be then, as it was close to the time I usually go to sleep and I needed to relax after a week of finals. I crack open one of these, and I immediately love the fruity flavor. It was fantastic. A few minutes or so later, I notice that my head is clear--hard to describe--but real floaty, and relaxed. I got a bit nervous because of other thoughts, but they went away. I was surprised at some of the bodily warmth I experienced, and I also got a little bit of dry mouth. Nothing Kalm can't solve. At times, I often forget what I am about to type or look up. The clarity of thought forces me back into the music I'm listening to, which is great because it allows me to focus on the sound. It definitely calms me down and relaxes my anxiety, and allows my breathing to relax a bit. This is after 1/4-1/2 the bottle. I'm currently awake at 1 in the morning, after dreams about Kava drinking, well, drinking the rest of this. A smile gets onto my face and I start to relax, and fade into the music I'm listening to [shoegaze]. At one point, all I wanted to do was lie in bed and relax, and let myself sink into my bed. I did exactly that and woke up wide awake....at one in the morning. I wonder why this drink didn't numb my tongue or mouth....maybe I didn't chug enough....but that's another chapter, and now I have an empty bottle of Kalm next to me. Well done, Mike.

--spacegirlELT

D

Deleted User01

Nice review Spacegirlelt, can I just call you SpaceGirl? :rolleyes: I have noticed that some Kavas numb the throat more than others. I think the numbing ones are analgesic and good for pain relief. Perhaps Kalm is more of a "heady" kava.

spacegirlelt

Daydreamer
Deleted User01, yes, you can call me SpaceGirl. I'd say Kalm is a little headier. Especially after waking up at 1AM, wide awake, head clear and calmed, and then commencing to laugh and chat with friends on Facebook after drinking the other half. Now I feel tired a bit after waking up, grogginess directly related to having to go to class. Next time, i'll drink the other bottle on an empty stomach and chug the thing down.

spacegirlelt

Daydreamer
I will need to! Next time: empty stomach, or at least 5ish odd hours after eating. Can't wait to see what that looks like.

KavaKitty

Meaow
Okay, since I live in a house full of annoying people and I can't really prepare traditional grog, I'm going to order this and see how it goes (oh did I mention I'm also a perpetually-broke writer?). Thanks for the review!