What's new

How to Improve Global Kava Exports

river

Kava Curious
I was learning German in 1993 so a little age difference I think. If you like Cider then you are going to be spoilt for choice over in Scotland LOL. Also don't forget to try Buckfast!
1993 I was in India learning some lessons for life:sneaky:. One of them being I don't have to try everything.
Never heard of buckfast before. Found this:
http://www.theguardian.com/society/...-triangle-alcoholic-drink-monks-west-scotland
"buckfast gets you fuckedfast":wideyed:
and decided to give it a miss.
Scotland is a beautiful country with interesting people. Sometimes I wonder how they manage to stay alive.

To get back to the topic I see you are running low on instant. When are you getting new?
I guess I need a few weeks break as my skin is falling of my hands. I will use the time to find the best cider:hungry:.

Last edited:
Yeah Buckfast should really be avoided, I would say a large portion of violent crimes in Scotland and Ireland involve Buckfast LOL

Low on Instant, no we have more of that than Marnag or Kaolik at this stage. I got to check the site and make sure the stock levels are properly represented. You are always finding my sites problems for me LOL thank you! (not being sarcastic, the help is great!)

river

Kava Curious
Yes, if only I could do other things as easily as I can find other people's mistakes I would be a real genius:pompus:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Most of the options here are already being prepared for, we have already decided they would be good for the customer. The most obvious answer would be to make GKE cheaper and we are trying to achieve that but the main issue is that freight from the South Pacific (Vanuatu in particular) is not cheap and customs duties, clearance bills, staff wages, taxes, shipping costs an so on are very expensive. Ireland is in the top 10 most expensive countries in the world and so it's very hard to achieve this, but we will keep trying.
http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/top-15-most-expensive-countries-in-the-world-2014-321059/?singlepage=1

We would like if you had a look at our site and gave your opinion, even if you are outside Europe and are not a customer we would appreciate your feedback. I had some other stuff to write but this Marang Marang has me very relaxed :happy:
Is there a way you could have a satellite office or a proxy closer to the source so you could drop ship products from there to other locations?

Is there a way you could have a satellite office or a proxy closer to the source so you could drop ship products from there to other locations?
We already managed to get the costs down a little and have dropped our prices at least 20% so that part is solved. Ireland is one of the only countries in Europe we know for sure we can get it to and we focus on Europe so at the moment it's all good!

Watch out for the UK office opening this month though and UK customers getting NEXT DAY delivery ....now that is real service. (y)

We managed to reduce the prices, we managed to get next day delivery in the UK and we are working on increasing our product variety so we are pretty happy with the progress we are making. Also we have new tougher and prettier packaging which should start being used in a weeks time, much better quality and expensive but we reckon you guys are worth it lol

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
If a vendor wants me to offer his stuff in Europe then they should get in touch and we will try it, I'm completely open to it but I worry that expanding my range may come at a cost, increased inspections from customs and possible problems.
Hi, I'm trying to read between the lines from several other posts around the place so may have got the wrong idea, but are you and Chris thinking of linking up so that GHK products can be ordered direct from GKE?

Hi, I'm trying to read between the lines from several other posts around the place so may have got the wrong idea, but are you and Chris thinking of linking up so that GHK products can be ordered direct from GKE?
Well I wouldn't call it linking up exactly, but we are looking at expanding our range of Kava to include as much good Kava as possible and yeah GHK would definitely be top of that list but we have no idea yet if it will even happen. We have our eyes on a few things we want but it's all down to to freight and costs and risk assessment etc. We already tried to get a hold of some stuff from other sources but the prices were either too high or they wouldn't supply us in Europe.

But you're not wrong mate, we are looking to expand and increase our range for sure. Our Vanuatu products sell very well and we won't stop offering them but some Hawaiian Kava would be great to have on offer.

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
Well I wouldn't call it linking up exactly, but we are looking at expanding our range of Kava to include as much good Kava as possible and yeah GHK would definitely be top of that list but we have no idea yet if it will even happen. We have our eyes on a few things we want but it's all down to to freight and costs and risk assessment etc. We already tried to get a hold of some stuff from other sources but the prices were either too high or they wouldn't supply us in Europe.

But you're not wrong mate, we are looking to expand and increase our range for sure. Our Vanuatu products sell very well and we won't stop offering them but some Hawaiian Kava would be great to have on offer.
Cheers, I am glad you have interesting stuff on the horizon. I will be back in the UK at my parents place for a month or so next UK summer so look forward to ordering from you again. Are all UK orders now dispatched from the UK? I am a little dancey after reading about that ridiculous behaviour of the EPA in Leam, especially given that my mother still harbours a belief that kava is some sort of class C drug!

Cheers, I am glad you have interesting stuff on the horizon. I will be back in the UK at my parents place for a month or so next UK summer so look forward to ordering from you again. Are all UK orders now dispatched from the UK? I am a little dancey after reading about that ridiculous behaviour of the EPA in Leam, especially given that my mother still harbours a belief that kava is some sort of class C drug!
Leamington Spa? What happened there mate? I am googling but see nothing.

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
oh crap you mean the European EPA ? HAHAHA Sorry mate, it's too early in the morning for me, got my wires crossed!
Or UK, not sure if it's Europe wide with that name. It's the whole "intoxicating peppers seized" thing. It's hard to tell what they grabbed. Plants? I doubt it. I am getting the impression they actually seized kava root powder, but from where....a warehouse or multitude of personal addresses. Hmmm.

Oh and yes all UK orders are now shipped from within the UK, it's all domestic, no borders to cross. I forgot you asked that above. Have you got a link for this raid?

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
Oh and yes all UK orders are now shipped from within the UK, it's all domestic, no borders to cross. I forgot you asked that above. Have you got a link for this raid?
Deadly and intoxicating, no less!

http://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...a-plants-seized-in-import-crackdown-1-6302557
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/‘deadly’-kava-kava-plants-more-negativity.3494/

I haven't got round to emailing that councillor yet............

That's great news about the UK orders by the way :)