What's new

Wikipedia "Kava" article in need of updates

infraredz

BULA!
I tried to keep up with it for a while (around a year ago..?) and it kept getting edited back.

It was literally impossible for me to keep it "accurate" but if we can have a group or people decide to form some sort of "cleanup organization" where each person has the duty of watching it for a day then trading off or something, it might be possible.

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
Look at the Kavalactones subcat.
Pretty worthless and misleading also.

They are trying to link them to being carcinogenic. :facepalm:

Well, If I gotta die..might as well do it ROOTED! ::awesomesmiles::
"I know they are safe, just being a wise ass!"

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Maybe we're thinking too small. And, no, I'm not going to put the bell on that cat.

Instead of an isolated topic, having it be part of a kava portal... we can add the kavalactones and the "kava culture" article, and maybe even peripheral links to the John Frum Movement and the Prince Philip Movement, if that's not too self-serving.

MedDog

Primum non nocere
The Kavalactones article and especially the Methystin are TOTAL BS. I read the single paper that's so heavily cited in the methystin article and it is taken completely out of context with leaps of speculation. CYP1A1 upregulation has never been shown to be carcinogenic - there are several speculative leaps associated with that claim. I would venture to say they're practically making it up, because nowhere is that claim made in the paper cited. Needs heavy editing!

BOOM! FIXED IT!

Last edited: