What's new

Powdered Kava Review Koniak

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
This is an epic kava, and my favorite mixer. When combined with a more euphoric kava you get a great full effect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bert07

Me like da kava
Agree fully. Once I'm ready to hit the sack after a good night session with Koniak, I am out cold as if I fell into a coma, "sleeping like a newborn" as Deleted User01 describes it. Instead of all these sleep medications being used left and right, why not just substitute all that with some Koniak? It'll be sure to do the trick ;).

D

Deleted User01

Lordy, I just posted that I was going to order some Boroguru and now you have me salivating at the fact that Koniak is a lights out Kava. I've had that piney smelling Kava before and it's perfect for the last cup of the afternoon. Maybe I'll order half Boroguru and half Koniak. Yup, sounds like a plan. Thank's for reminding me guys!

Bert07

Me like da kava
Since you mentioned Boroguru, I decided to whip up a batch of Koniak with Boroguru for the first time last night and all I should say is Holy Moses. You think Koniak is strong and sedating, try mixing these two and see how that much more powerful it can get. I never thought it was possible but it is. Awesome combo right here. infraredz named this to be his nighttime kava and I can surely see why. If I really had the option to do so, I'd probably be able to sleep all night into most of the next day after a couple shells of this.

violet

Do all things with love
Hmm, maybe that's why adding Koniak to my Boroguru mix wonked me out so easily. That little bit of Koniak was enough to put me off on wanting to try it solo, at least for a while. Perhaps it was mixing the two types that had the effect, and not so much the Koniak. That experiment can wait still, I will just continue observing the experiences with it you guys post in the meanwhile.

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the forum GreasyNegus and welcome to the Kava that brought the whole Tudie thing to a head. That Kava is from Papau New Guinea or PNG as we say. The islanders there never drank Kava but they were taught by the Fijians on how to grow it. They grow great coffee there but the Kava is Tuday-ish and of course the taste sucks. It has a piney flavor which is very hard to mask. But after all, nobody drinks Kava for its taste. If you feel bad the next day, just post here and you will get the rest of the story. If not, then enjoy the unusually strong effects.

GreasyNegus

Welcome to the forum GreasyNegus and welcome to the Kava that brought the whole Tudie thing to a head. That Kava is from Papau New Guinea or PNG as we say. The islanders there never drank Kava but they were taught by the Fijians on how to grow it. They grow great coffee there but the Kava is Tuday-ish and of course the taste sucks. It has a piney flavor which is very hard to mask. But after all, nobody drinks Kava for its taste. If you feel bad the next day, just post here and you will get the rest of the story. If not, then enjoy the unusually strong effects.
Yeah I don't think I have got past the reverse tolerance yet so it's almost not worth the trouble of drinking it. How long should it take for me to get any effects from this strain.

D

Deleted User01

Nobody knows how long it takes. Maybe 1 week? This a very strong strain and I don't recommend it for everyday drinking however .... because it is so strong, it may be good for helping you cross the reverse tolerance barrier. Maybe a couple of shells a day. If you feel sick though, you gotta stop. Sick meaning stomach discomfort.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Yeah I don't think I have got past the reverse tolerance yet so it's almost not worth the trouble of drinking it. How long should it take for me to get any effects from this strain.
I find that with every kava type that I try some degree of reverse tolerance comes into play. It can be instant effect (If you're one of the lucky ones) or a delayed effect that can take a month or more to fully feel the true effects of kava.