What's new

A new kava drink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User01

Welcome Mike. We love interacting with Kava vendors here. We always end up learning Kava stuff.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Thank you Deleted User01 - happy to be part of such a great forum.

@PrincePhillip Yes, the current flagship product contains Splenda for a low calorie drink. As we develop new flavors Stevia will be in at least one blend as that is what Whole Foods is requesting.

@BULABUCK - whichever day you sign up will be your recurring order ship date monthly $35.00 for a 12 pack with free shipping :) We are considering changing this to a larger quantity though as most customers who sign up go through more than a twelve pack a month ;-)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
We haven't made it as far down as into the LA area yet. Just San Jose and SF but there are plans in the works. ;-)
San Jose?:eek: I'm in San Jose! Where when and where do I put the quarters?

I know at least a handful of people that would totally go for this kind of kava product. It actually looks pretty tasty to me to.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I can confirm that this is quite good stuff. I just did a video review and am uploading right now. I was a bit thrown off by the artificial sweetener, but the effects are pretty solid and pretty immediate. Though my reverse tolerance might be helping with this stuff....

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Ahh you tried it! I call it "Naps with Kava" because mid day Saturday last week my roommate and I had one each and were both asleep on the couch about half an hour later.

infraredz

BULA!
I can also attest to the wonderful taste, and potency of Kalm with Kava.

My girlfriend who almost gags on a 30mL "shot" of BKH's instant kava (which I think is very mild tasting, as kava goes) can drink this without any taste aversion.

The only thing that I would say, and she says it as well, is that the stuff is very sweet and maybe a bit too sweet.

The formulation we have is the newer one with Sucralose (Splenda). I'm not sure if the sweetener was changed from something else and I didn't ever have any of the older formulation, but I would say that the only suggestion I would give is to lower the amount of sweetener since it's pretty overwhelmingly sweet (even for my girlfriend who loves anything and everything sweet).

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Thanks everyone for the great feedback! With the new formulation we tried very hard to incorporate Stevia as a natural sweetener, unfortunately it had too much affect on the shelf life of the finished product. But we are always trying new stuff and working on ways to make it better. We will definitely consider lowering the amount of sweetener with the next production.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
The positive reviews made me jump at the chance of trying out this new kava drink. Must admit I'm not keen on the idea of having artificial sweetener included. I dislike sweet drinks and I'm not keen on introducing artificial chemicals into my diet - never have done and am a little concerned about starting now. Hopefully Kalm with Kava will mellow me out so I don't really care about the sweetener. Have you thought about not adding ANY sweetener and letting the consumer decide if they want to add their own?

blindy107

Kava Lover
@Kalm with Kava Mike. Is there a surplus of the stevia flavor? i would be very interested in helping use it up! and you still working on a Whole Foods account? i must have skimmed over that part earlier. They are huge here! best of luck!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Not sure which batch I got but I ordered some Kalm recently (last week I think it was) and the flavor was quite improved. Still has that numbing that lets you know it's legit but it was hard for even me to pick out any kava taste.

blindy107

Kava Lover
oh really? i just my 6 pack last week as well but i didn't notice much difference. maybe it was new last month when i ordered for the first time. i love it either way! so tasty and perfect for vacations!

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Hey Blindy! So glad you like it, thanks for trying us out! As for the Stevia, there's only a couple ounces left sorry. We're still playing around with how to make it completely natural and stable before whole foods is on board but we did pick up Lucky's Market recently if you have one close.

Thanks as well Kavadude!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

amyscol4304

Just received my Kalm with Kava. I'm a newbie, so I figured this was a great way to start. Still in the process of drinking it. Hoping to feel the effects:LOL:, but I understand I may not because of the reverse tolerance. I've literally been studying up all weekend! I'm a little sad its made with splenda. I've been on a soap box about that stuff for years. Ive stayed far away from it and now I'm here drinking it, I'm gonna have to keep this one a secret. PLEASE come out with more made with stevia:dead:
Amy

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Just received my Kalm with Kava. I'm a newbie, so I figured this was a great way to start. Still in the process of drinking it. Hoping to feel the effects:LOL:, but I understand I may not because of the reverse tolerance. I've literally been studying up all weekend! I'm a little sad its made with splenda. I've been on a soap box about that stuff for years. Ive stayed far away from it and now I'm here drinking it, I'm gonna have to keep this one a secret. PLEASE come out with more made with stevia:dead:
Amy
Welcome to the tribe. ::happyshell::

Feel free to try the more traditional offerings. Careful...the taste is a bit of a :bored:. You'll be fine.::awesomesmiles::

Status
Not open for further replies.