What's new

Powdered Kava Review WOW

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I've spent lot's of time and effort creating our new review format and just realized this is the first review I've created.

N@H says this about WOW!: "This kava is made from only the freshest green kava. You will find this kava has a very fresh and green smell. It also has a pretty mild taste compared to most kava. This is a very strong variety of kava that has been cleaned very well. As much of the bark as possible has been removed in the processing. The fibers are then removed from this kava in a special process and what is left behind is a more concentrated kava powder with less fiber."

I think that describes my experience pretty well. I found it very mild tasting with a more lighter almost greenish yellow color to it. When filtering I found it to be very oily and it took extra straining to get all the oils from the fiber. I did a second wash with my straining and when I do this, I normally get a fair amount of sediment in the bottom of the bowl I'm using. But with this stuff I barely noticed any sediment at all.

The taste and smell reminded me very much like BKH's Nambawan kava. After having experienced fresh root, I believe that the cleaning process they use before grinding the root contributes greatly to the resulting color and taste.

Evaluating the effects from kava is still difficult for me, but I felt this kava was pretty potent. It immediately made my lips and mouth very numb. I didn't seem to get any immediate "rush" from it, so I would probably say it's not really heady in nature. And after a few hours of use, it didn't make me fall asleep (like Stone did). But it made me very physically relaxed and lethargic. I normally swim for an hour every day, but I found it hard to get up for my swim and had to mentally force myself to do it.

So I gave the highest rating to it's muscular effects and the least to its mental effects.

Overall I really liked this kava and would definitely recommend it to others. If I was forced to pick between this and Stone, I would say both. But this kava for daytime or relaxation use and Stone for evening time, knock you out and put you to sleep kava.

End of my first review......

Last edited by a moderator:

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
A round of applause for HeadHodges first review! ::yay2::
This resonates with what I can remember about the effects; it's a very nice kava for those times when a muscular message is overdue. :joyful:
Impo this is not a strain for the go to daily use but with so many kava's that's just fine. :D