What's new

Dry root kava question please help

DylanJ

Kava Curious
:wtf:How many tablespoons of dry root powder and how much water it's tablespoons right not teaspoons how many tablespoons for each person for each how many tablespoons

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Tablespoons, yeah. Root to water ratio depends mostly on texture, as long as you have enough water to effectively knead it will not affect the potency. The less water you use the less you have to drink but the 'grittier' it will be. I will use like a 1:4 ratio of kava to water but I think I am in the extreme there.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
So 6-7 tablespoons of powder per person? Can you do second kneading as well?
I start with 2 tbsp. That's 1/8 of a cup. It's very difficult to measure a tbsp without a measuring cup. I put the 2 tbsp in my fijian strainer and immerse it in 8 oz. water in my kneading bowl.

And yes, you can and probably should 2nd knead every batch, or else you are going to be wasting a lot of kavalactones. If you are good at kneading, IMO a 3rd knead is a waste of time.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
So 6-7 tablespoons of powder per person? Can you do second kneading as well?
Yes on 6 or 7 tablespoons for a regular kava user. When I first started that much would floor, or couch me, but I guess that's the point. I just did 8 spoonful's, and yes you can pull a small second, and add it to your first. Much love. Roaddog....

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I use pretty much always use a slightly heaping 1/4 cup of kava (approx. 4 tablespoons) per 1 bottle of water (16 oz of water which I think is approx 2 cups of water). If I want more I double the batch and use two bottles of water to 1/2 cup of kava.

I always set aside a little bit of the water and use it for a 2nd wash to clean the strainer and get more kava oils from it. Then take the results of that and combine it to my main batch.

D

Deactivated Account

So I just split 8 tablespoons between my lady and me, that should be a good starting dose right?:happy:
Yep. Empty stomach is important also. Kava is pretty mild ( well powdered is)