What's new

Interesting experience

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
Ok. So I made myself 2 tablespoons of koniak. It has been nearly a week since I've had kava, and some borugo should be arriving tomarow. I am very new to kava and had decided that koniak probably wasn't a great beginner cultivar, but I thought it would be fine to have a little every now and then. I had about two gulps of the koniack today. I'd imagine that of those two tablespoons, I only had maybe a half of a tablespoon at most. The weird thing is, I feel pretty weird from just that, a heady sort of relaxation and just my mind feeling different. My body feels pretty relaxed too. I also just ate So that normally is said to dull the effects (maybe I consumed the kava at a time when my digestion was high so it went into me quicker.) Anyways, is this a placebo or am I maybe a notorious lightweight and this was my breakthrough experience (because I don't think I've broken through reverse tolerance yet)?

Ben.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Could be. Only about half of polled members reported experiencing reverse tolerance. If 2 tablespoons of kava are enough for you on a full stomach.... well, I'm jealous.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
The weird thing is, I feel pretty weird from just that, a heady sort of relaxation and just my mind feeling different. My body feels pretty relaxed too.

I think that is how you are supposed to feel from good kava, :D.

I've heard that Koniak is strong, never had it myself, but that could be what you are seeing. Kava varies a lot in effect/strength. Pretty sure what you are experiencing is normal.

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
kavadude, weird thing is, I only had a gulp of the two tablespoon mixture. I don't know how that would be possible. I hope I am very lightweight, although after about 20ish minutes, the feeling I had is faded.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
kavadude, weird thing is, I only had a gulp of the two tablespoon mixture. I don't know how that would be possible. I hope I am very lightweight, although after about 20ish minutes, the feeling I had is faded.

Sorry, I know you are replying to kavadude here, and I'm not meaning to butt in, but I mean well, :cool:.

Anyway, kava is weird stuff, I've found that I can never exactly predict how it's going to affect me at any given time.

And also, I have to mention again, Koniak is supposed to be VERY strong kava.

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
Sorry, I know you are replying to kavadude here, and I'm not meaning to butt in, but I mean well, :cool:.

Anyway, kava is weird stuff, I've found that I can never exactly predict how it's going to affect me at any given time.

And also, I have to mention again, Koniak is supposed to be VERY strong kava.
Hey man, don't worry about it :). I'm glad to get any advice I can here. And thanks for the info.

keeron

Kava Enthusiast
Like someone else said in the forums ''I dont like the effects of Koniak'' and i agree with them once actually trying Koniak.

I dont like the effects of Koniak, it makes me feel weird and twitchy like i cant relax.
I wouldn't recommend Koniak to anyone, unless they wanna get absolutely Krunked.:dead::dead::dead:
It is Ultra Potent, so i give them Credit on that, but Strength isnt everything, Strong Kava doesnt mean = Best Kava.

Last edited:

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer

Mmm, sounds like more of a placebo thing to me. Keep drinking!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I'm no Koniak supporter, but it's effect on me was somewhat unexpected. All my usages were at my full 8-9 Tbsp range, and yet it just feels like a smooth all-around 'slow down', that creates a more emotionally numb(anti-anxiety?) state of mind with a relatively low effect on my appetite and stomach discomfort. Honestly, I've had some noble kavas that felt stronger, harsher, worse tasting and more stomach twisting.
That said, you should not take this as an endorsement for it's safety.
::fkb::

Last edited:

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
So do y'all think it would be safe to have koniak occasionally? I know there is dispute about whether it is a tudei or not. What are everyone's opinions on this?

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
I think occasionally, yes. Assuming you have no underlying illness or organ weakness and aren't mixing with other toxic things.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I use Koniak all the time without problems. The only time I had an issue was the very first time I tried it. I consumed too much at once because I was not experienced enough with it and it gave me a bad case of nausea.

Now days I rarely drink Koniak by itself. When I do, I usually mix it with other kava's and find that it usually creates a nice potent blend for me. Sometimes I do 1/3 Koniak to 2/3 other kava (like Nambawan or Boroguru) and sometimes I do 50/50, depending on my mood.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
and here I thought HeadHodge wasn't into the heavy stuff...you have some susplaining to do ::ricky::

Roaddog

Kava Who?
When you can't be with the one you Love.... Love the one you're with!!! ::happyshell::
Hope you posted this CSN&Y song on the favorite sound track. Its one of my favorites. Now ya got that song in my head. But I'm also thinking Wooden ships on the water carry me. :)Much love Roaddog....