What's new

Bourgo vs Boroguru and new to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
Hello all! I just joined the forum (though have been reading it for quite some time). I am happy to have finally made an account here. My first kava was some (probably low quality) root powder from a local herb shop (that said, it was not capsuls, it was real root powder). I then got some koniak (probably not the best begginer cultivar). I then tried to get Boroguru. My mom was going to order it for me , but she wasn't thinking and ordered Bourgo instead because the names look so similar. I'm also not sure if I have broken through reverse tolerance yet (although my highest dose so far has only been about 3.3 tablespoons). My questions are:Will I be disappointed with Bourgo, I have heard it is a good begginer variety, but will I even feel it's effects? Will i get the blissed out, muscles melting with some heaviness that I am after? And how much of this particular kava would you (from your expirience) need to achieve these effects. Thanks so much for any answers!

Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
And by the way, does anybody know how I can change my name on here? Thank You.

resiak

Kava Curious
I'm pretty sure you will be satisfied. I recently tried borogu. I used 1 cup to 4 cups of water. I drank one shell (about 7-8 ounces), I was krunked for sure. In fact I felt it was to much to fast. I cut the amount in each shell in half after that.

P.S. I am new to kava as well.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Borogu is a great strain to start out with...or continue with. It's got all the sedative strength you'll need. My go-to amount for all kavas is around 55 grams, or 7-8 tablespoons. You wont be disappointed.

I've sent you a message, let me know what you want your name changed to and I'll get it swapped for ya.

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
Thank You both for taking the time to answer my question.
Ben.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Although Boroguru is definitely heavier, more muscle melting and most of us prefer it. Borogu offers nearly as much in the way of being blissed out, just with a lessened full-body effect. I'm a hard head and enjoyed it every time I've had it.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
I'm not sure if I've already told you before given the influx of new members recently but welcome to the forum KavaJazz! ::yay2::

Seeing as you're satisfied so far with the Borogu I *personally* can't see too much of a reason that you wouldn't be satisfied with Boroguru (from any of this forums vendors) .

When I got the Borogu in a sample pack I thought it was slightly more bitter than the Boroguru but more heady and better for the day time.
Now I've come to grow more towards Boroguru, it's my everyday go to kava if I have it around because impo the effects can mold to situations better than *some* other strains can; that's not to knock the other strains though since I believe they all have a placement depending on their usage. (y)

W/e you decide to do with your next round of kava/kava's Gourmet Hawaiian kava has a selection of Boroguru that everyone loves and as you're probably already aware, so does Bula kava house.
With those it's just dependent on whatever floats your boat at the time. ;)

I hope you enjoy your stay Kavajazz, we're an island of misfits at some points but most of the time we band together to put aside discrepancies because we're all here for the same purpose.To show our devotion of towards an ancient root, piper methysticum or kava. :D::happyshell::

Last edited:

NZdude

Kava Curious
so does Boroguru kava house.
haaa was that a freudian slip?

I think the thing to remember is not all borogu's are created equal. Just cos its called borogu, different vendors can be completely different, and as its a plant, each batch and plant can be different to another. I dont think you mentioned where you got this one, but if you stick to the trusted vendors on here, I am sure you'll be fine.

Me personally, I have tried the borogu and boroguru from different vendors, and I wouldnt buy the borogu again, but definitely the boroguru is good! Let us know how you get on.

Monkava'd

haaa was that a freudian slip?

I think the thing to remember is not all borogu's are created equal. Just cos its called borogu, different vendors can be completely different, and as its a plant, each batch and plant can be different to another. I dont think you mentioned where you got this one, but if you stick to the trusted vendors on here, I am sure you'll be fine.

Me personally, I have tried the borogu and boroguru from different vendors, and I wouldnt buy the borogu again, but definitely the boroguru is good! Let us know how you get on.
Thanks for the heads up hahahaha, I got ahead of myself there and I apologize, that was certainly a Freudian slip ::indeedsir::.
There was also a couple other little things I edited that I should've pointed out in the first place and you're more then right about all kavas not being created equal; even within the same variety, every new batch has little kinks and divets about them to where it's rather difficult to make accurate comparisons sometimes.

This's where the reviews succeed in reminding ourselves of the common attributes and differences from one batch of the same variety or strain to another.
That's why it's more of a personal opinion on my part when I was referencing the Borogu to Boroguru comparison, but there's a large majority that has a hankerin for Boroguru (as I do) for w/e reasoning. :D

austinjordache

Kava Curious
Borogu is a great strain to start out with...or continue with. It's got all the sedative strength you'll need. My go-to amount for all kavas is around 55 grams, or 7-8 tablespoons. You wont be disappointed.

I've sent you a message, let me know what you want your name changed to and I'll get it swapped for ya.

austinjordache

Kava Curious
So im still trying to get it right from my amazing experience at bula house with fresh squeezed boroguru. When u say 7 -8 tablespoons then 2 questions how much water snd is this a single session? Then how much of that for first drink etc? I so want to replicate the amazing effect I got from it in store

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
The water amount depends on how concentrated you want it and how much liquid you want to be cramming in your stomach. A lot of us use 2(or 3) cups for 7-8 tablespoons. Then drink a "shells" worth (maybe 6 or 7 gulps) every 15 minutes or so. Some people will drink more right off the bat to get hit with effects quicker and harder...some people space it out to build the effects slower and avoid stomach discomfort.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I use 450ml (~15oz) of water, and end up with about ~10-12oz of kava. This is consumed all at once. I like my kava stupid strong though, so it may not be optimal for everyone.

Monkava'd

I use 450ml (~15oz) of water, and end up with about ~10-12oz of kava. This is consumed all at once. I like my kava stupid strong though, so it may not be optimal for everyone.
Krunked minds think alike::indeedsir::, ::amirite::(y).

austinjordache

Kava Curious
I really appreciate the advice snd info im going to make note of this. Home from Portland now and hoping to replicate that strength.

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
Well, here is my thought.

Something changed, FOR SURE!
Boroguru now makes me sick, its the only Kava that Ive ever puked from and even the taste is off.
Even the Borogu is tasting off, no sickness thank God!

Ive also been finding more narley junk in the bottom of my bowl, and been having to double strain.
Anyone know what the heck is going on?
Used to love em both, now I cant even drink Boroguru.
And the taste is so off on the Borogu, that Im going to have to mix it with some light Kava "Probably Tongan"

Im a little concerned with BKH cause Ive had multiple bags being off or different.

Maybe Judd can chime in?

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
My wife and I have decided to stay with just Paradise and GHK for the most part.
I hate to do it, but my gut doesn't lie.
I hope Judd figures out what is happening with his supplier.:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.