What's new

Powdered Kava Review Stone

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
This kava is not what I expected, from what I have heard.

For starters, it does not taste worse than other kavas. I think it actually tastes better than most. The taste is strong, but instead of tasting like molded socks the way most kava does, it has a very herby/spicey flavor.

This is strong kava, but it's not the strength that stands out, it's the quality. The quality of this kava, it's the best body effect I've ever experienced by far and the best headiness also, but not by as much as body. It really numbs your mouth, but there is not much analgesic effect at all, which is ok with me. Sedation/muscle relaxation however, is quite strong. Very euphoric also.

In summary, this relatively expensive kava is worth the money. I'm not a elite kava expert by any means, but this is the best I've ever had, and I really haven't had anything that is close. I will definitely buy this again. Let me break it down a bit.

If you are looking for muscle relaxation, this is great kava.

If you are looking for heady euphoria, this is great kava.

If you are looking for anti-anxiety, this is great kava, you won't have a care in the world after drinking a few shells of this.

If you are looking for an analgesic effect, this is probably not for you because it actually makes me more sensitive to most sensation.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Great Review Thanks!!! (y)
I'm just taking a wild ass guess here, but it seems that you like Stone??? :)

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Great Review Thanks!!! (y)
I'm just taking a wild ass guess here, but it seems that you like Stone??? :)
Good guess, HeadHodge. I just finished 2 tbsp, ready for 2 more.

Here is another thing I can add too, and I think I mentioned it before, but ... Stone is strong kava, but it's not stronger than GHKs last batch of Boroguru. But when I did a session with 4 tbsp of the Boroguru, I felt great for about an hour and then I had to lie down because I was slightly dizzy, nauseous and sleepy. I woke up like 2 hours later. Stone does not do that to me, it's a lot higher energy/heady/euphoric kava, even though it also has a body effect like no other kava I've had, and 4 tbsp doesn't make me dizzy or nauseous, but man, I mean this is real connoisseur stuff, in my honest experience. This has me very curious about the NAH Wow.

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
....This has me very curious about the NAH Wow.
You mean Stone right??? :)
I have both some Stone and WOW, but it has been quite awhile since I've used any. I've been sidetracked trying out a bunch of different micros and instants. Friday is the day I make big batches for the weekend. So now I'm thinking of making a batch of each to compare.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
You mean Stone right??? :)
I have both some Stone and WOW, but it has been quite awhile since I've used any. I've been sidetracked trying out a bunch of different micros and instants. Friday is the day I make big batches for the weekend. So now I'm thinking of making a batch of each to compare.
Haha, :D.

Dude! Can you please refresh your memory and give me the scoop on Wow as compared to the Stone? I would much appreciate it! ::happyshell::

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity

Dude! Can you please refresh your memory and give me the scoop on Wow as compared to the Stone? I would much appreciate it! ::happyshell::
Sorry, can't remember much about it. Guess I should have use the Review Form Aid when I used it (thinking I should start doing that).

I do remember why I got it though. At the time I was really into figuring out the best way to filter kava because I easily get dermo :(

From their site: "This is a very strong variety of kava that has been cleaned very well. As much of the bark as possible has been removed in the processing. The fibers are then removed from this kava in a special process and what is left behind is a more concentrated kava powder with less fiber."

They also say: "A very rare and potent kava product from the northern islands of the Republic of Vanuatu."

Because of where it's from I'm expecting it will be pretty heavy. That's why I'm interested in giving this a try again, because of your claims of headiness from the Stone. I'm interested in seeing which one is more potent and which one is more heady.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.

First and as always, exceptional review @Hyperion (y). I always struggle to describe the taste because i'm notorious for chugging the kava before it's hit the taste buds hahaha. :LOL: After these recent reviews of stone, it's bound to land at my door at some point, it's just so hard to make a decision lately with all of the up and coming kava's left and right. :rolleyes::D

Though it has been too long for me to recall the exact effects from WOW, the website states that it's a combination of Borogu Boroguru and sometimes melo melo; so with that I'd expect it to cover the whole spectrum of sensations.

From what little I can remember; when I mixed Solomon and WOW together one night with I think 2.5 tblsp each, though it may've been more.
I actually hit the peak of any kava experience I've had, and any kava experience since than.

They both hit so hard that not only could I not walk very well; once I laid down the potency was significant, but really you have to remember to respect any substance and this one is no different; I'd had it in mind that since the proper proportions had been into account It'd be potent but not overwhelming.

Well I was right about the potency, but to this day I'm unsure of the overwhelming part of it, it was quite powerful too an extent that it set the limits for what I personally deem necessary for any type of situation, except falling into a state of slumber.

Please anyone out there, don't take my words as some sort of promotion; or twist them to show that kava is completely unsafe; water is unsafe in exorbitant amounts just as anything can be.

Just respect the kava and it will respect you, but I caution if you misuse it in order to get a high you have the right to w/e you choose to do with your own body but don't start pointing fingers if you're in a car accident because you've "tipped the scales" and thought that because it was kava that for some reason it's safe and sound to get on the road. :rolleyes:

I can't say it enough that 'Better safe than sorry' is the outlook that should be taken with any substance, even your benadryl has the possibility of causing horrible things to happen when taken lightly.
With that out of the way, wow is called so for a reason, though some hard heads may beg to differ, and combined with another kava becomes quite the formidable foe. ;)(y)

Last edited: