What's new

Typical Ignorant "Research"

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Saccade and cognitive impairment associated with kava intoxication:

Abstract
"Kava is an extract from the Piper methysticum Forst. f. plant that has social and spiritual importance in Pacific islands societies. Herbal remedies that contain kava are used for the psychiatric treatment of anxiety and insomnia. Laboratory studies have found only subtle, if any, changes on cognitive or motor functions from the acute effects of consuming small clinical doses of kava products. Intoxication from recreational doses of kava has not been studied. The performance of individuals intoxicated from drinking kava (n=11) was compared with a control group (n=17) using saccade and cognitive tests. On average, intoxicated individuals had consumed 205 g of kava powder each (approximately 150 times clinical doses) in a group session that went for 14.4 h and ended 8 h prior to testing. Intoxicated kava drinkers showed ataxia, tremors, sedation, blepharospasm and elevated liver enzymes (GGT and ALP), together with saccadic dysmetria, saccadic slowing and reduced accuracy performing a visual search task that only became evident as the task complexity increased. Kava intoxication is characterized by specific abnormalities of movement coordination and visual attention but normal performance of complex cognitive functions. Saccade abnormalities suggest disruption of cerebellar and GABAergic functions."

An old "study" (2003), but wow, almost half a pound of kava in fourteen hours. That's a pretty serious session! :wacky:
Likely adulterated with Tudei nonetheless, :rolleyes:.
When will they every learn Deleted User?
If I went head on into an entire 1/2lb of kava I'd be surprised if I could conform any form of vocal expression; let alone stay up for the test. Heck you'd find me face first asleep whenever that potent of a shell was consumed.
I wouldn't be surprised if a dose that high could have a comparison to a high dose of ambien but that's just personal speculation.
How can they work in the medical field with such uninformed scientific practices....I cringe to even reference them as such.
This sounds like a high school experiment rather than a controlled lab study.::wow2::::confused2::

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Wow, this is downright insane. I can only assume the 205g figure is somehow misreported as that would likely be impossible to consume.

Also, 28 total participants. Why do they bother typing this garbage up?