image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Resulting brew its a tough job breaking this down already ruined one food prosesser. 1 blender. 1 cutting board. 1 mortar and pestle.i will do a review an tell my kava fam all anout my experience

Attachments

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Wow what a beautiful color Bulabuck, I'm really gonna have to get my hands on some fresh kava at some point. :eek:
Seriously look at that golden froth, thank you so much for giving us those closeup pov perspectives. :hungry:
Edit-If we had to go by the color of that kava and not the name or tudei test I'd have to say just look at the food processor. :woot:

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This is EXACTLY what my food processor looks like right now. I blended down 100% lateral root and whooooo wee. It's strong, and dark!

Monkava'd

This is EXACTLY what my food processor looks like right now. I blended down 100% lateral root and whooooo wee. It's strong, and dark!
So than do I need to start using a food processor or what, I mean wow, hot dam that looks tasty! :hungry::joyful:

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
Well hate to say its not strong enough for me i used 2 cups chopped root soaked in 3 cups distilled water blended for two min soaked for 15 min in same water strained and squeezed for 15 min. Then added hot water to seperate bowl about two cups . Squeezed that added it to brew . But yes its a nice ... Very nice clean heady kava with added muscle and good anti anxiety effect just my first go round so i got some learnin to do next time id say 4 cups root 4 cups water.

Monkava'd

Well hate to say its not strong enough for me i used 2 cups chopped root soaked in 3 cups distilled water blended for two min soaked for 15 min in same water strained and squeezed for 15 min. Then added hot water to seperate bowl about two cups . Squeezed that added it to brew . But yes its a nice ... Very nice clean heady kava with added muscle and good anti anxiety effect just my first go round so i got some learnin to do next time id say 4 cups root 4 cups water.
Well I'm no expert, especially with no prior use of fresh kava but 1 cup of kava to 1 cup of water leads me to believe you're quite the hard head Bulabuck, if I'm not to be mistaken?;):)
In no way am I implying that's a bad thing if true though Bulabuck, just interested and the effects sound good otherwise sir. (y)

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
no ur right iam a hard head fo sho .just guessing at that ratio probaly.wont use that much more root less water i suppose just learning(n)

Monkava'd

no ur right iam a hard head fo sho .just guessing at that ratio probaly.wont use that much more root less water i suppose just learning(n)
No problem, we're all still learning in this giant classroom Bulabuck including me and there's so many confusing things I've yet to get a hold of so you're not alone in that boat. (y):D
Right now I'm still figuring in the less water/more root prep as you are and it racks my brain no matter how many times I've done it. :dead:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
It sure does like nice and yellowy :hungry: I don't know enough about fresh kava preps to really give any suggestions, but maybe those root bits need to be mashed up a bit more, somehow. I've read several peace corps blogs that praise the taste & effect that "stone ground" kava gives over meat grinder kava. I don't know the process exactly, other than grinding it on some kind of sharpened stone...but you can take a look a these pics to get an idea of the consistency they're working with:

Last edited:

Monkava'd

It sure does like nice and yellowy :hungry: I don't know enough about fresh kava preps to really give any suggestions, but maybe those root bits need to be mashed up a bit more, somehow. I've read several peace corps blogs that praise the taste & effect that "stone ground" kava gives over meat grinder kava. I don't know the process exactly, other than grinding it on some kind of sharpened stone...but you can take a look a these pics to get an idea of the consistency their working with:

That's so natural; you know like straight to the grit and grime. :wideyed: Probably very potent when done that way, depending on the water/kava ratio. :hungry:

Status
Not open for further replies.