What's new

Just ordered some papa kea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I got your order and it will be shipped tomorrow. I am sure you will like it, it has a real mellow flavor and the effects are great, it is one of my favorite, I think Hankapi'ai is my favorite and that is only because it seems to have a better feel good effect, it really makes you feel good and worry free. Let me know if you have any questions or if you need more. Aloha.

Chris

D

Deleted User01

First off, Yeipmonfire old boy, you are going to like the PapaKea. It is a poten pain killer bar none. Chris old chap, when will you have Hankapi' in stock. I've eying the chemotype and I think it is going to be one I like. By the way, you are to be commended for posting your chemotypes and percent of kavalactones. We need more truth in advertising when it comes to Kava. Besides, it's fun matching the chemotypes with the effects.:D I'm moving over to another thread so I can do a review of Honokane Iki.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
First off, Yeipmonfire old boy, you are going to like the PapaKea. It is a poten pain killer bar none. Chris old chap, when will you have Hankapi' in stock. I've eying the chemotype and I think it is going to be one I like. By the way, you are to be commended for posting your chemotypes and percent of kavalactones. We need more truth in advertising when it comes to Kava. Besides, it's fun matching the chemotypes with the effects.:D I'm moving over to another thread so I can do a review of Honokane Iki.
I agree

Makes buying unknown kavas simple. You can guess how it will hit you. How would you rank it in potency? More or less then most kavas? 22% seems really high of a concentration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User01

How would I rank it? I don't rank Kavas like everyone else. I try to figure out their application. The first time I tried PapaKea was on a Sunday afternoon. I had a shovel in my hand all weekend long and I ached from head toe. I put down a shell and the pain seemed to disappear. I commented that it was analgesic. The next day I WAS NOT sore. It wasn't euphoric or brain numbing. It was muscle numbing. That's all I can tell ya.

P.S. That's one of Chris's favorite Kavas and he is both a farmer and a logger. There is a Kava for every application and I'm studying the chemotypes at GHK and others and I'm trying to correlate chemotypes with application. I would be grateful if the other vendors would give me their chemotypes. I'm only interested in Chemotypes of Kava that we can buy from our vendors. I care not for a list of 100 Kavas that we can't buy.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Just ordered some myself. 22% kavalactones seems like a lot compared to the rest on Chris's site, but I realized I have no idea what the % of my normal grog is. Looking forward to it.

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the 22% club. Now remember what I posted, it's all body and I look forward to it on Sunday afternoon when I'm done with my back breaking chores. It also mixes well in Kava Kocktails. That particular strain will not last long on the GHK website. I'm wondering if I should buy another pound. Hmmmm. I gotta ask Chris when the other one with the similar chemotype will be Harvested (Hanakapi'ai) its 15% but it looks like a pain killer too. So many Kavas and so little time.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Indeed, I was resolute on only buying the Honokane today but this strain is also very tempting as i have become more active now that Spring is here and wouldn't mind a body melting kava. Think I'll just grab some of both why not I have a week's vacation from work coming up next week. Spring Break! I'm going to Hawaii - in my kava-soaked mind, that is.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
say, How's the Papakea in regards to nausea? For me, it seems like the more body heavy kavas - the quicker the nausea sets in.

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
Wow now I really can't wait for my Papa Kea! It's been 2 weeks and no sign yet. In NZ sometimes we have to wait a really long time for kava to arrive from the US :-(

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
say, How's the Papakea in regards to nausea? For me, it seems like the more body heavy kavas - the quicker the nausea sets in.
I have never had any nausea problems with Hawaiian kava, but with any kava I always try it slowly first to see how I react to it and to see how the kava is. When I say slowly I mean I will make my regular drink with the regular amount of kava and water but I will drink one cup and wait for 10-20 min then I will drink more and wait. Most of the time it takes at least 2 nights or more to really get to know the kava.
Aloha.

Chris

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Wow now I really can't wait for my Papa Kea! It's been 2 weeks and no sign yet. In NZ sometimes we have to wait a really long time for kava to arrive from the US :-(
I have had problems with kava getting to NZ in a timely way, it seems that customs likes to hold it, not all the time but it has happened a few times. Please let me know if you do not get it or if you have any questions. I would bet you will get it real soon. Aloha.

Chris

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
I have never had any nausea problems with Hawaiian kava, but with any kava I always try it slowly first to see how I react to it and to see how the kava is. When I say slowly I mean I will make my regular drink with the regular amount of kava and water but I will drink one cup and wait for 10-20 min then I will drink more and wait. Most of the time it takes at least 2 nights or more to really get to know the kava.
Aloha.

Chris
Wouldn't see why you should seeing as DHM is usually responsible for nausea, oh and of course that horrid wave of nausea after each sip of dirt and lawn clipping water.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Got mine early today, thank you USPS. Just drank some now actually. Anyone else try theirs yet?

edit: First impressions are that this is a hard hitting (as you'd expect) Hawaiian. Very heady.

Last edited:

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
I got mine yesterday and haven't tried it yet as I've picked up some kind of stomach bug ..I opened it and it smelled so fresh

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
YEah, I think thats part of what makes Chris's kava so great. He seems to grind it up piecemeal so you're getting about as fresh as powdered root can get.

D

Deleted User01

Ok, I'll be the tie breaker. I intend to get into the Papa Kea in a large way after the Easter Lunch and the Easter Nap (heh,heh). Before I make my massive Kava Kocktail, I will drink some straight up. I'll let you know. Full disclosure, I use coconut water when I prepare Kava but never the less ... Here is the other thing, I'm studying all the reviews around here and taste buds differ from human to human and even the effects of the Kava. If I gave you a sip of some of my favorite single malt scotch and proudly told you that the you can taste the new leather, turpentine, and smoked peat, you would gag. Aye Laddies, that's why Kava never bothers me, it's a wee better than a dram of turpentine. :D

violet

Do all things with love
I've only tried the papa kea once so can't speak much yet on the effects, but the flavor was definitely smooth to me, on the creamy side of the spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.