What's new

Updates

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'll be doing some massive updates today. So if you visit and something doesn't look right, or it gives you a maintenance screen it's just me. We're still here :)

D

Deleted User01

I noticed. But Kapm, don't sweat it. If it's down for one, then it's down for all and we ain't missing anything. Do you have a way to backup the site before you do updates? For the sake of your blood pressure, I hope so.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Oh yeah, I do a full backup before any changes. Just in case. Been on the receiving end of that nightmare a few too many times. I was updating our forum software to the latest version. Of all things the smiley manager add-on threw me for a loop. Prevented the whole process from completing! A couple of sql edits, and we were back in business. Just for the record I knew absolutely nothing about servers and forum software or even sql databases before this endeavor. I'm learnin'!

D

Deleted User01

I totally understand. I've been programming for ... lets just say a while ... and I'm going to need help posting pictures of my Kava Plants. I'm clueless. I think I'm going to start by getting a SD card reader so I can use the good camera. I tell ya what, you have done a super job of learning. I think this forum is as good or better than any I have seen from a technical perspective. And of course the Vibe here is what makes it stand out head and shoulders above the others. When I think of doing massive updates, I think of this: "Be afraid, be very afraid...."

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I'm not seeing the 'newest topics' and 'recent replies' section on the right hand side anymore...is that just me ? Or is that part of the update ?

violet

Do all things with love
I see "new posts," but haven't seen "recent replies" for a long time, I get it only when I hit new posts and there are no new posts to show.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Gotcha. I need to update the theme to match the newest version of xenforo (our base forum software) I installed a few days ago. Thanks for the heads up!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Removed "Home"button from top navigation bar. Home button and forums button had the exact same action. Just wanting to declutter the top bar a bit.

Update: Renamed forums tab to home tab. After suggestion from a member it just made more sense.

Last edited: