What's new

WOW Crud

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User01

Here is the advantage of bottling your Kava. I got to the bottom of a 16oz bottle of WOW and there was a thick layer of crud down there. I never drink the bottom layer but this was way more than usual. And I even shook the bottle before pouring but the crud was heavy enough to sink to the bottom. So you guys with intestinal distress, you may want to start bottling so you can avoid the mess that sinks to the bottom.

Bert07

Me like da kava
I'm sure there's a link between the two but there is no doubt that the crud gives it a nice kick to the 'kavatail'.

Doobie Doo

How many shells to get to the center..1 2 3
I'm a little confused. Isn't the crud the stuff your suppose to be "mostly" filtering out? I got the impression a little is ok, maybe even desirable, but too much is hard on GI track (something like toss and wash?)

porsche11

Kava Curious
Well of course that sediment contains a lot of the kavalactones so it will make the brew stronger. I use a nut milk bag which takes just the medium/big fibers out and leaves a good amount of sediment. I use less kava and get great effects, no GI issues yet!

Bert07

Me like da kava
Supposedly many recommend filtering the crud out but some seem to have no problems with it (like porsche11) so more power to them. If it does affect you GI wise, it's just a matter of weighing out the pros and cons. For me, recently I've been having bad stomach/stool issues and I have a strong feeling part of it was because of the sediment at the bottom that I always consume but also partly due to just drinking too much kava in general. So I compromised and now my kava drinking is lowered to around two sessions a week give or take but still with drinking the crud at the bottom. I feel it's a waste of kavalactones to toss that stuff out so I don't.

kavalover

Outsider
Yeah, it's all about finding the balance of what you can handle. Personally, I love (I use the word love very lightly here) a very gritty, almost soupy kava. It's so potent, that I need much less kava to give the desired effect and thus I save money and root. I'm lucky in that it has yet to have any noticeable effect on my GI system, however kava dermopathy sets in quick drinking kava this way. There are cons to consuming kava this way for sure.

starscolliding

Kava Curious
I use the gold coffee filters at the very end of my process, makes a huge difference for me. That might seem extreme, but there it is.

D

Deactivated Account

Yeah, it's all about finding the balance of what you can handle. Personally, I love (I use the word love very lightly here) a very gritty, almost soupy kava. It's so potent, that I need much less kava to give the desired effect and thus I save money and root. I'm lucky in that it has yet to have any noticeable effect on my GI system, however kava dermopathy sets in quick drinking kava this way. There are cons to consuming kava this way for sure.
Im the same…serve me the gutter in a jug. Derm is the devil though & he asks for payment.

brett123

Kava Curious
Java man save up all your crud remove the water and I'll bet you have an instant kava

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User01

The only problem would be getting it out of the bottom of the bottle without putting water back in. FYi. When you pour Kava from a bottle, you always have to shake very, very good to get the good stuff at the bottom mixed in again. Same goes for a Kava Kocktail, you can see the Kava settle to the bottom and I always have a spoon with me to stir it up.

brett123

Kava Curious
How about 2ltr disposable bottles cut the bottom with crud off after drink finished and tip most of water out and let the sun do its work in a greenhouse perhaps dehydration should = home made instant kava storage solutions solved if it works

D

Deleted User01

That's a lot work for a lazy Deleted User01. I have even a simpler solution, I'm drinking the PapaKea from GHK for my weekend aches and pains and it seems to be the perfect grind for me, not crud at the bottom. I had some the other day with grape concentrate and lime. It numbs my mouth all the way down my throat. It does a number on pain. I always thought that Hawaiian Kavas would be heady like the Papa Ele Ele Puu Puu but not this one. As Chakas would probably say, so many Kavas and so little time.

PS. Brett, maybe you can use that technique for your next Science Project. Or get the kid next door to do it for you. That kind of project would be a big hit in Hawaii where Kava is sold at every corner store it would seem.

brett123

Kava Curious
I might just do that ! If I don't send the koniak back convert it to instant if I achieve good results from a small sample though like you say it's a lot of work so it'll prolly be in the next mail back to USA and FYI I almost always bottle and I know this crud and the need to shake well :)

brett123

Kava Curious
And I didn't mean any offence it was only an idea with all the recipe talk and what not

D

Deleted User01

What kind of bottles do you use? It's a great way to make Kava in volume and have it on hand and on demand.

brett123

Kava Curious
Old lemonade or water bottles whatever the cheapest drink is at the store if I don't have any saved spare lol lemonade straight down the toilet

D

Deleted User01

And I didn't mean any offence it was only an idea with all the recipe talk and what not Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude, I never take offense. We're just brain storming. No problems. I use those lock cap 16oz beer bottles. I'm a homebrewer and I have a ton of those in stock. I haven't brewed in 5 months though. Just not drinking enough beer anymore. I wonder why???

brett123

Kava Curious
Ohh yes I have enjoyed home brewing on occasions to but I'm just not that into my alcohol anymore 2 bother wow I tried to make a potato brew once what a disaster but that's another story

Status
Not open for further replies.